Anyone heard anything about the COR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Terence

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In your original 1link video you said it would run 2x Wavs and a Cor.

My 1link has 2x Wavs and 2x Solenoids.....will I be able to plug a COR15 right In?

With the Wav starter kit you basically got $50 Off the 1link....

I am eventually going to need a 2nd 1link to switch both my main pumps to CORs.... I plan to run 2x Cor 15s.

Think there will be a similar starter kit????
The power supply with the 1Link is 120W. We will not want to run it all the way to 120w so there will be some software limiting going on if you had tried to run all of that at once at 100%. But most people have their WAVs set to random or pulse type settings (and not at 100%) so that is not usually an issue. Off the top of my head I do not remember the wattage of the solenoid valves. But power is power - so you can work it out - the WAV use about 35w ea at the wall at 100%. The COR, about 50w.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power supply with the 1Link is 120W. We will not want to run it all the way to 120w so there will be some software limiting going on if you had tried to run all of that at once at 100%. But most people have their WAVs set to random or pulse type settings (and not at 100%) so that is not usually an issue. Off the top of my head I do not remember the wattage of the solenoid valves. But power is power - so you can work it out - the WAV use about 35w ea at the wall at 100%. The COR, about 50w.
Perfect!

My waves run at 10%, on the Pulse mode and intermittently through out the day. My Solenoids almost never switch unless Im doing a water change or filling the resovoir so i should be good. Will most likely only run COR to 70% as my current pumps are only set to 850gph each.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Richard said:
Where are they built
Like most pumps in this class, a number of components are made overseas. Some of the product including circuit board assembly and assembly of the controller unit itself are done here in Morgan Hill, CA.
"Hey, we aren't the only ones selling Chinese pumps!" HAHA!!! :) Can you define what "this class" represents?

This is good news for those that have been waiting a long time for the COR.

OP
OP
BroadBno615

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the news.
Screenshot_20171031-164935.jpg

Fritzhamer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can the 1link ports on the eb832 run two DOS and one COR-15?

OP
OP
BroadBno615

BroadBno615

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well no wonder why I didn't see it. I thought they would have posted it separately instead of just a quick comment on a post from two weeks ago!
Yea u would think. Ow the new question is, when is the release date?

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if they will come with barb & screen adapters like the Reef Octopus, or at least offer one made for the pump like the Vectras.

I was trying to hold out for the COR-20 but no info was forthcoming and had to go a different route.

johnnyenv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you confirm these points please;
  • When will they be available to purchase in the UK
  • Are these pumps quieter than the Vectra L1?

johnnyenv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

filbie70

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Terence - I’m hoping to purchase 3 COR20 if they are comparable to the L1. Are they 36V, similar power draw? I have a Blueline that is failing after an unsuccessful attempt to pass a snail but I have been planing to move to DC anyway. Any updates on release date? I don’t like that the L1 will not connect to Apex, but I need to make a decision soon.

Scott.h

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7767.PNG
The 20 at 80% it is dead silent. The most quiet thing in my sump including my D.C. Skimmer. Very impressive

Can we have dimensions
aprox 6.5 x 4 x 3.75" - cor 20

any release date yet
any time

@Terence - I’m hoping to purchase 3 COR20 if they are comparable to the L1. Are they 36V, similar power draw? I have a Blueline that is failing after an unsuccessful attempt to pass a snail but I have been planing to move to DC anyway. Any updates on release date? I don’t like that the L1 will not connect to Apex, but I need to make a decision soon.
I'm not sure if ecotech solved their overheating problem or not. No doubt they make good stuff too, but they were having a few issues running them out of the water. I can tell you I replaced a magdrive 24- big shoes to fill. That thing would vibrate the house from the basement if it scooted next to something in the sump. Most pump manufacturers, I feel, over rate their capabilities. I don't feel this is the case. It's strong, quiet, and small. I've been running it at 80% going up 10' to my tank upstairs. It's working great. You won't have regrets, along with the ability to work with your apex, obviously. We've been working them hard for awhile now. I feel pretty fortunate to be able to have one.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back