OP
OP
J

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just bought the apex and i love it. the net took some time to get up and running but once i figured out i need a net adaport it went up easy. the ph was easy to configure with 4 and 7 fluid. works like a charm. i got my pumps turn on and off to a current. i got my lights set so when my water temp gets to high it shuts my lights off. all i need to do now is get my email alert to work and i have no idea how to do it.

ReefLEDLights

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
all i need to do now is get my email alert to work and i have no idea how to do it.

Thats on my agenda for a "how to" video :)

I had issues initially but now that I got it to work I love it.

-Rick

OP
OP
J

jelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks Jay it worked great. got it set up in just a few mins with no issues. wounderfull PDF

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have RK2 and AC Jr (not the Apex Jr.) on my tank and setup the Apex on Twinspots_goby's tank. For some reason it "blew up" and quit working, I sent it in and they fixed it quickly enough but it does cause concern and make we worry about migrating off of my rk2/acjr setup... my AC Jr is ROCK solid as is my rk2, the rk2 does what is needed but ac jr blows it away.

My BIGGEST problem is the difference in coding between the AC Jr and the Apex is that I know how to code on the acjr and have no desire to relearn for the Apex lol

This makes it difficult to help get everything moved over to the Apex, currently nothing is running off Twinspots_goby's Apex after a broken heater problem. I have yet to get the beast setup, also figuring out how to setup everything has been kinda hard when sometimes the EB8's did not want to detect, I wish you could hard code a letter/number to the bar with dip switches like on the AquaController series, it seemed to be more robust and stable.

Last edited:

wingman1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was considering getting n apex but i was wondering if the temperature gets to high could it turn on a fan

wingman1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool thanks i was reading up on it and it wasn't clear if you can control two ph probes for different stimuli or is it capable of monitoring two but can only respond to the input from one of the ph readings

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool thanks i was reading up on it and it wasn't clear if you can control two ph probes for different stimuli or is it capable of monitoring two but can only respond to the input from one of the ph readings
The Apex system can have 2 pH probes connected (the second probe port is selectable between pH and ORP). The base Apex Lite system supports 1 pH probe. The base Apex Jr system does not have a pH probe port. You can add additional PM1 and/or PM2 modules to any of the 3 Apex models to get as many pH probes as you want.

And yes, if you have multiple pH probes connect, you can program actions based on the probes values independently. For example, let's say you have 2 pH probes. One monitors the pH of the tank, the other the pH of calcium reactor effluent. You can set the system to turn off a pump dosing kalk if the reading of the main probe goes above a high pH threshold, and also set the system to control the CaRx's CO2 solenoid to maintain thedesired effluent pH based on the readings of the other pH probe.

zambono

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might have to get me an APEX system as well if I can expand it in the future, the Jr. that is.

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex system can have 2 pH probes connected (the second probe port is selectable between pH and ORP). The base Apex Lite system supports 1 pH probe. The base Apex Jr system does not have a pH probe port. You can add additional PM1 and/or PM2 modules to any of the 3 Apex models to get as many pH probes as you want.

And yes, if you have multiple pH probes connect, you can program actions based on the probes values independently. For example, let's say you have 2 pH probes. One monitors the pH of the tank, the other the pH of calcium reactor effluent. You can set the system to turn off a pump dosing kalk if the reading of the main probe goes above a high pH threshold, and also set the system to control the CaRx's CO2 solenoid to maintain thedesired effluent pH based on the readings of the other pH probe.

You can add additional PM1 module for additional ph probes after the first 2.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 67 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back