Aquamaxx Bullet 2 HOB Skimmer

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I'm in need of a new skimmer. My BubbleMagus MiniQ just isn't cutting it anymore. If any of y'all have purchased this product, I was hoping I could get some advice on whether I should get this product or not. I'm not able to find anything positive or negative online, must be because it's so new.

Thanks! -Daniel

johnwrightamg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! I'm in need of a new skimmer. My BubbleMagus MiniQ just isn't cutting it anymore. If any of y'all have purchased this product, I was hoping I could get some advice on whether I should get this product or not. I'm not able to find anything positive or negative online, must be because it's so new.

Thanks! -Daniel
I just purchased the Aquamax bullet 2 .. I also have a 2 day old tunze 9001 that i had to remove after 2 days due to the mounting space needed for the Raidon G6 on my waterbox peninsula 25. so ill sell it for cheap compared to new ..its the dc. Actually 2 days of use and bought it a week ago from waterbox.

OP
OP
Caliginosity

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what?! I just purchased the Aquamaxx Bullet 2. It'll be here tomorrow, two days earlier than estimated. I think we both appreciate how much better an HOB skimmer is, compared to one that has to be confined to a limited space.

OP
OP
Caliginosity

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love it!! It's pulling the darkest skim I've ever seen. Granted this is only my second skimmer. Had a Bubble Magus MiniQ before this, which started out great then lost its touch after a few months. I have 44 corals, 10 Astreus snails, 7 Hermits, 2 clowns, a Diamand Goby, and a blood shrimp in a ten gal Waterbox, and it's definitely pulling it's weight. It starts off kinda loud but has quieted right down after two weeks. Highly, highly recommend, definitely worth the money. :)

vokrey09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love it!! It's pulling the darkest skim I've ever seen. Granted this is only my second skimmer. Had a Bubble Magus MiniQ before this, which started out great then lost its touch after a few months. I have 44 corals, 10 Astreus snails, 7 Hermits, 2 clowns, a Diamand Goby, and a blood shrimp in a ten gal Waterbox, and it's definitely pulling it's weight. It starts off kinda loud but has quieted right down after two weeks. Highly, highly recommend, definitely worth the money. :)
Thanks for the update, glad its working for you!

they will sell out quick again because they are a good little performer
Do you have one too? Would love to hear some additional feedback if you have any

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update, glad its working for you!

Do you have one too? Would love to hear some additional feedback if you have any
I dont but my nephew has one on his fusion pro. I played around with it a bit when i helped him fix the intake pipe which he cut to shorten☹️. Told him not to but he did it anyway (kids). Next time I'm over there I'll get some pics. Skims a little wet but all nanos usually do. Performs really well though for his system.

vokrey09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont but my nephew has one on his fusion pro. I played around with it a bit when i helped him fix the intake pipe which he cut to shorten☹️. Told him not to but he did it anyway (kids). Next time I'm over there I'll get some pics. Skims a little wet but all nanos usually do. Performs really well though for his system.
Ok, thanks for the info. That's one thing I was concerned with too is the height of the intake. I have the IM 25 lagoon tank which is 11.8" tall. The Bullet 2 shows it needs 12.4" of in tank space. Afraid I would need to modify it too unless you found a different way you could share?

OP
OP
Caliginosity

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vokrey, if you can afford the Bullet 3, I'd definitely go with that. It has better features and looks way more efficient.

vokrey09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
vokrey, if you can afford the Bullet 3, I'd definitely go with that. It has better features and looks way more efficient.
I'll look into that. Really looking for the best skimmer out there that will fit my lagoon 25. Willing to ignore the cost. I just saw that BRS released a video on the Bullet 2 & 3 yesterday if anyone is interested

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thanks for the info. That's one thing I was concerned with too is the height of the intake. I have the IM 25 lagoon tank which is 11.8" tall. The Bullet 2 shows it needs 12.4" of in tank space. Afraid I would need to modify it too unless you found a different way you could share?
the submersion depths are pretty crucial for peak performance of these types of skimmers, but one thing you can try to bring the skimmer up a bit is to cut a few small pine blocks of various depths and try them inside the upper part of the hangar which will raise the body. pine is soft and shouldn't damage the rim.
tempFileForShare_20230309-065457.jpg

vokrey09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the submersion depths are pretty crucial for peak performance of these types of skimmers, but one thing you can try to bring the skimmer up a bit is to cut a few small pine blocks of various depths and try them inside the upper part of the hangar which will raise the body. pine is soft and shouldn't damage the rim.
tempFileForShare_20230309-065457.jpg
Appreciate the help showing me that. Do you know if the perforated part of the intake is adjustable? Or is it fixed to that black piece of the clear tube?

Also which fusion pro does your nephew have? Did he NEED to cut it to fit?

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate the help showing me that. Do you know if the perforated part of the intake is adjustable? Or is it fixed to that black piece of the clear tube?

he has the 40 long so no issues. i think you need like 6.5 x 3.7 compartment for those in an AIO

vokrey09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
worst case just hang off side close to the chamber. i always like to look at all my investments;). it's a good looking hang on.
I did think about that and I would agree with you! However my significant would not :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I'd really like to go for the 3 but the more I'm thinking about it the 2 is making more sense space-wise. Also, I only have about 20gals of water in my tank so the 3 may be way too much and possibly need to be put on a timer

Hoping to make a decision today as BRS has all aquamaxx products 20% today

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sorry i missed the question on the intake screen. it does come off

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a few HOB's back in the day starting with a remora and last one was a warner marine.

many in between (octos, deltec, bermuda rogue etc..)

the warner marine was the best with the MCE600 a close second

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back