Aquamaxx Bullet 2 HOB Skimmer

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just a note on trying to mod any HOB skimmers!

i wouldn't recommend reducing or extending any intake or effluent pipes as that most likely will effect the performance.

shorten an intake and it could have consequences on draw and head pressure. I've tried modding a few with sub par results and had to mod back to close as original as i could for them to perform well again.

fishkat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the Aquamax bullet 2 .. I also have a 2 day old tunze 9001 that i had to remove after 2 days due to the mounting space needed for the Raidon G6 on my waterbox peninsula 25. so ill sell it for cheap compared to new ..its the dc. Actually 2 days of use and bought it a week ago from waterbox.
hi I hope u can help!
I would like to get a bullet-2 for my 50gal tank but the people at BRS cant seem to tell me how wide is the part of the skimmer including the assembled intake pipe that extends to the tank from the back of the skimmer body. I have a 2.5in space behind the glass top to clear. Could you be kind enough to measure it? I hope i explained it properly!
thanks
fishkat

OP
OP
Caliginosity

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi I hope u can help!
I would like to get a bullet-2 for my 50gal tank but the people at BRS cant seem to tell me how wide is the part of the skimmer including the assembled intake pipe that extends to the tank from the back of the skimmer body. I have a 2.5in space behind the glass top to clear. Could you be kind enough to measure it? I hope i explained it properly!
thanks
fishkat
It's three inches from the front of the skimmer body to the front of the intake pipe.

Marine430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any cons with the Bullet-3? I have a AM 1.5 and was thinking of upgrading. BRS told me that it's not much of an upgrade.

jackson6745

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any cons with the Bullet-3? I have a AM 1.5 and was thinking of upgrading. BRS told me that it's not much of an upgrade.
I think it’s the same pump. Cons are that little cheap plastic elbow that attaches screws into pump for airline. I need a new one. Always leaking air out. It should also come with a needle wheel air valve to adjust skimmer dryer.

Marine430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem with the 1.5 is the venturi clogs with calcium or salt and kills the performance of the skimmer. Im lucky if I get 3 months before breaking it down and cleaning it. Also lots of bigger bubbles create a lot of salt creep.

reeftivo

skim junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My problem with the 1.5 is the venturi clogs with calcium or salt and kills the performance of the skimmer. Im lucky if I get 3 months before breaking it down and cleaning it. Also lots of bigger bubbles create a lot of salt creep.
The 1.5 is a good skimmer but it's understandable that you would get burned out on having to constantly have to service it to keep it running optimally. Have you tried pulling the airline from the top and injecting hot DI water through a pipette weekly. That will kill the foam head for a bit but should also help keep the airline mostly clear and extend maintenance.

OP
OP
Caliginosity

Caliginosity

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any bullet 2 or 3 updates?
I've had both of my Bullet-2's for almost a year now, and they're still going strong, the skimmate is super dark. I clean mine once a month, and had to go back to feeding the fish every day because my tank was too clean.

Marine430

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a difference between the Bullet-2 and Bullet-3 other than size?

Cole_lol

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone by chance have a manual for the AquaMaxx Bullet2 they could share? Tired to fine it ended up emailing Aquamaxx/BRS and now being discontinued stated they have no information. Kinda crazy being I just purchased it in January.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back