Are you new to the Chattanooga forum?

MattS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Chattanoogans! I'm new to the site here and have been keeping SW for nearly a year now. Started with a 29g and have since upgraded to a 46g and converted the 29g into a sump/fuge.

scouncil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nic e to hear from you!! Need any cheato? I have plenty.... Do you have corals? What kind of fish?
susan

Alan&Rene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello we are in north ga and would love to be part of your club. right now we have a 65gal setup and are looking to go to 100+.

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alan glad to have you guys on the forum... please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can help with.

Also there is a big swap in nashville this weekend.. Always a great place to pick up smaller frags of coral at a great price. Hope to meet you guys soon.

Brandon

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to all the New people! Join in the fun here!

Alan&Rene

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the welcome.

thank you. we couldnt make the swap this weekend. :(

Alan glad to have you guys on the forum... please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything we can help with.

Also there is a big swap in nashville this weekend.. Always a great place to pick up smaller frags of coral at a great price. Hope to meet you guys soon.

Brandon

MattS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nic e to hear from you!! Need any cheato? I have plenty.... Do you have corals? What kind of fish?
susan

I had a AC110/fuge so I have the chaeto covered but thanks for the offer, that stuff grows like crazy. Bad news on the coral when I fired up the sump something wasn't right with the water and shocked/poisoned all of them, not sure what it was. I had quite a few SPS frags and none of them made it, I have GSP, a head of frogspawn, and maybe some zoas that might make it through.

The fish are still doing well I have 2 young B&W Clowns, a Smith's Blenny, and a Bi-color Blenny.

scouncil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh! Sorry for the loss. What's a GSP. I'm sure that Bryan and Brandon have some SPS frags for sale once you figure out what went wrong with the tank.
Susan

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Susan:

GSP = Green Star Polyps

Yea I have plenty of things to frag, but might be best to not go right back to SPS if you just suffered a tank crash.

Matt can you tell us a bit about your tank size, pumps, lighting, skimmer, filters, etc?

thanks
Brandon

MattS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's 46g bow front with 29g CPR overflow going to the sump/fuge (w/DSB) Mag 5 return with 3/4" nozzle
Lighting - Outer Orbit Pro 2x250w 4x39w T5 actinics
Skimmer - AquaC Remora Pro with Mag 3
Flow comes from a Vortech MP40w and the return

I'm running a filter just for carbon, not sure of the name. A Poly-Filter and Purigen in the bubble trap. The skimmer is running on the wet side and pulling out some nasty junk, more then usual.

lorriea98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

Hi there,
I am new to this site. I live in chattanooga. I have 2 salt tanks, 1 is a 75 gallon fo and the other is a 30 gallon fwlr and a couple soft coral frags that i purchased from Fish Mania. I am trying to talk my hubby into letting me get another 75 so that i can do more coral and live rock.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Cool! Welcome to R2R and to the Chatt Town forum! :F

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, glad to see you found us. Please enjoy our forrums and we would love to have you come to some club meetings

Doyle73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, I am new to this site. My name is Dennis and I have had a salt water set up for almost 2 years. I have been doing most of the research myself and thru my local fish store. I have a 75 gal reef tank which I love. I am always trying to learn more and trying to branch out and meet some people who know a lot more than me. I have read and talke to some people on here about the meetings, I was wondering when the next one is so I can come and check it out.

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We haven't scheduled our next meeting yet. It should be in the next couple weeks. Hope you are able to make it.

Look forward to meeting you soon.

Brandon

acanman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello fellow tn reefers... i am new to R2R and am a lps collector.... love acans and chalices....... im from townsend tn.. i have some tank shots in my meet and greet thread..

akijikan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey I'm in hixson, new to sw aquariums and these forums, don't have have anything setup yet, just really looking to learn as much as I can before I attempt anything.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the club forrums! We are always around here when you have questions. We will be having a meeting soon and will start a thread about it so keep posted. We also have our big frag swap august 15th. you will get to learn alot and see alot there!

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the forrums, tell us alittle about your current tank or tanks?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 152 43.6%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 53 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back