Are you new to the Chattanooga forum?

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look forward to meeting you there....

BTW.. Don't pay any attention to ironman.

jtl2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the Chattanooga forums and it's been about 15 years since I've kept a reef tank. Starting up a 46g bowfront with power compacts (sunpaks 2x96w) koralia 3's (maybe too much flow) etc... Look forward to meeting everyone.

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the Chattanooga forums and it's been about 15 years since I've kept a reef tank. Starting up a 46g bowfront with power compacts (sunpaks 2x96w) koralia 3's (maybe too much flow) etc... Look forward to meeting everyone.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here. Keep an eye on this forum for info about the next local meeting. Feel free to come out to the meeting - no pressure to join just come hang out. If you've been out 15 yrs I bet alot has changed - would be interesting to talk about how equipment and livestock have changed since the early nineties. Look forward to meeting you

Patrick

bigdaddytanner450r

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Tanner Flowers and I'm in Cleveland, TN. I own Tennessee Technicians, LLC. A few of the services we offer are aquarium and pond setup and maintenance. I've been in the hobby since I was a child. I never knew there was a local club. I can't wait to meet other people who love tanks as much as me. I look foward to seeing everyone's setups. I have already seen S. Council's 220gallon, great tank! If anyone needs anything from livestock to dry goods, let me know, I'll see if I can save you some money. -Tanner

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice to have you on the forums.

Hopefully we will see you at one of our local monthly meetings. Do you have any pictures of your setup?

Brandon

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to have you on the forums Tanner! And to know of another Cleveland Reefer!! I am in cleveland as well. Thought I was the only one up here!! Well there is another reefer up here but he is out of the hobby right now.

What kind of system you running?? tank size, lights corals, etc?

I might need to talk with you come spring - I would like to set up a koi pond in the early spring.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

CRC Whipping Boy (round 2)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great to here from you tanner! Keep in touch and come to some meetings.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great to have you on the forums!! Can't wait to meet!

Triggerhappy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw this forum and just wanted to say hi. lived down your way 99 to 01 and loved it. had an apartment in Chatt. and then a house in ringgold , GA. miss that part of the country alot and hope to go back someday.

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a great area to live. what part of ringgold were you in?

Triggerhappy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lets see. it was off alabama hwy i think it was called 151 and it was the second exit into Georgia off I75. there was an Ingles grocery store and such at that exit. oh waffle house was there. oh the hashbrowns! i gotem smothered,covered, diced. i lived about 2 miles west off 75 then down a road i forget right now in a sub that had just been developed call Cornerstone Estates. i had a great view of Taylor's ridge from my porch and man the property taxes --- dirt cheap compare to michigan. i do not miss the fire ants in my yard, the black widows in the basement or the copperhead snake i found under the downspout splash block one day. but everything else was wonderful.....truly God's country in that area. i use to go to what was then the fairly new aquarium in downtown chatt. --Loved it!

FirstSalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm new to this forum and the hobby. I started a 75 gallon reef tank, my first, in April 2008. Six months later, I'm still loving it and thinking about a second tank. You can see how the 75 is coming along on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezIo6PzeZJE

The tank is stocked with:
Clown Fish
Yellow Sleeper Gobi
Regal Tang
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty
Royal Gamma
Yellow Tang - my "rescue" fish from an abandoned tank.

Sand Sifting Starfish
Nassarius Snails
Emerald Crab
Flame Shrimp
Sea Star
Spotted Cleaner Shrimp
Coral Banded Shrimp
Red Bali Starfish
Flame Scallops
Featherduster
Scarlet Reef Crabs
Assorted Snails
Hermit Crabs

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank man, Glad to see you found our forrums! Things are alittle slow right now with the holidays coming up. but feel free to post any questions or more pics! We are having a meeting next saturday. Tommy has a beautiful "Large" tank we all going to get to take a look at. We are all fun people to hang out with and have a social get together with so please come join us.
Bryan

mlavrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All, My name is Mark and I live in Chickamauga, GA. I am new to salt and it's going good so far with a loooooot of help from 5th day. At the present I am running a 12 gal. Eclipse w/ a 70 watt K2 Viper mh light and a Current internal filter system. I have two Firefish, ( 1 red 1 purple ) 2 Chromies, 1 Pistol Shrimp, 2 Hermit crabs and 7 snails. I also have several assorted zoos.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to the forums Mark! Great to have you here. I am from Fort O!

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, great to add another local, Im from ringgold.

mlavrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the welcome. I am sure you will be seeing me around as I have a lot of questions and am very courious about the hobby. If all goes well I will be looking for ideas on going bigger around summer.

Rious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to Chattanooga and Reefs

Moved to Chattanooga about a year ago, and I just bought my first Nano-Reef tank yesterday.

--Chris

bkv1997

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool glad you looked us up.

If you have any questions or need any help please don't hesitate to ask. With a nano remember stability is the key and things change quick with small water volumes.

Take your time with adding things and all will go great.

Welcome to the forum and let me know if there is anything i can help with.

Brandon

OP
OP
ironman

ironman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Chris! Glad you found us, If you have any questions or just want to join in with all the discussions make yourself at home.
there is a "frag swap" in murphresboro TN on the 17th if you would like to go. Lots of nice coral frags and equipment for sale.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back