Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still overwhelmed by your breeding mandarin fish and pipefish said:
The main problem with having all those fish spawning is that you have to feed them a lot. Feeding the fish a lot destroys your water parameters such as nitrate build up which adversely affects the corals, especially the SPS which is why mine don't grow very fast (as some people have pointed out) You can have great SPS corals or not so healthy fish. It is a trade off and I prefer to have spawning fish. I also have to many fish. I know this and know that is why my nitrates hover around 40. I think I have about 25 fish and I think there are about 7 or 8 spawning pairs (but I didn't count) I feed the fish some live black worms in the morning then at night more black worms and either clams or mysis. That is the only way I know to keep the fish spawning and IMO immune from diseases. I can give away half the fish and have nicer SPS corals but they kind of bore me anyway. I prefer LPS because of the movement and I really like to have my fish spawning as that is the condition fish in the sea are in all the time. Pregnant. As I said, it is my tank and that is the way I like to run it. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been doing a lot of research on fish health and think I have come upon the reason my fish and a lot of other people's fish seem to be immune from just about everything. I will publish that very soon but I realize many people don't believe in fish immunity so it will be controversial. Luckily, much of the post will be from scientific papers so the people who disagree can yell at the authors of those studies instead of me because I am to old and won't care anyway. :eek:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The name of the book is "The Avant Garde Aquarist" My Daughter came up with that name and she also wrote the Foreword which makes me sound like King Poseidon. She loves me what can I say?
The publisher tells me that the book is on schedule and hopefully next week will send me the finished copy so I can check it and give him the OK to print. I mainly want to make sure the correct Supermodel names are under each picture.
Teddy can't wait to read it.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One week after Macna.................. could be a nice signing boot "Paul B and the The Avant Garde Aquarist.

Should auction off first signed copy ;)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So where do we get signed numbered leather bound hard copies?

When you find out, let me know. I want one.
My Daughter is renting out the New York Aquarium for the party if anyone wants to come. :D

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you find out, let me know. I want one.
My Daughter is renting out the New York Aquarium for the party if anyone wants to come. :D

Dang!! NY Aguarium, Signed Numbered Leather bound hard copies and Super Models, wish I was aloud in the Big Apple.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had our Daughter's Sweet 16 party in the NY aquarium. It was great, we rented a bus to bring her friends. The DJ set up in front of a floor to ceiling reef tank. Very cool. The place is not that expensive to rent. Some people have their wedding there. You guys could come, drive to the Statue of Liberty and bear right. :D

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be awesome.
Can we dive for Blue Angels at long Island?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, will there be supermodels at the New York Aquarium book party? I would at least get a supermodel to do a youtube commercial promoting the book. @loumaggs ;)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are not sure about the Supermodels as none of them responded, but I know "most" Supermodels are fish Geeks.

The only Blue Angels we have here are in the Air Force or in pet shops :rolleyes:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a fine young man, Paul.
Be very Proud!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The book is supposed to be out today. I just looked on the site where it will be sold and I don't see it. Maybe the publisher forgot to sell it, or maybe they lost it. But in any case, it is supposed to be out today for a Pre Sale of the E book. I think that means that if you order an E Book when it first comes out it is a little cheaper. I don't know what it, or the paperback costs as I have nothing to do with that and they pay me in sinking pellets.
It will be sold on this site where I am a writer. Not today it seems but it was supposed to be there today. Maybe I am not looking hard enough. http://www.saltwatersmarts.com/relax-have-fun-its-a-hobby-5280/
The best part about the book is the Foreword that my Daughter wrote. I should have let her write the entire book. I am very proud of the book (and my Daughter). I hope it gets some good reviews and at least some people don't use it to pick up after their dog. :eek:

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That so awesome Paul, so you saying we can ordered through Salwater Smarts?
I couldn't find it on the site but maybe it needs to uploaded still.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, it will be sold there, I will call them tomorrow. It was supposed to be out last Monday, but they said it wasn't finished so it would be out today.
I don't know what happened but I just re read the book and I really like it. I didn't learn anything , but I still like it :)

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul, I just looked and there's a book on "How to Quarantine" where your book should be. :eek:

kidding

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know. there are two other books out there. I will call them today to see what is going on. Maybe my head is to big to put on the cover. :eek:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 117 74.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back