Bottle feeding hippo, pull the plug?

Christopher Presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is with great frustration and discouragement that I’m posting, I’ve had several fish go through rounds of prazi, copper power, general cure and antibiotics after going fishless due to ich. Every fish is doing great now two months out from the start but my hippo. He had his ups and downs during treatment with his last month going great. I go out of town for a week with my neighbor closely monitoring and feeding with security cam proof. When I got home the hippo was laying on his side thin and almost dead. I have since removed him and placed him in my cycled stock tank and have been feeding him blended up nori, garlic and a little flake. He seems to have regained color and is starting to look a bit more filled out but refuses to swim. Also I’ve noticed he only lays on his left side, if I right him up he’ll always go back to the same side. At what point do I pull the plug, any other options? He’s since been FW dipped as well. Also note none of the fish remain in copper or any other med at this point and he’s only housed with a baby clown and mason that he’s been with since purchase. I’ve watched for hours with no aggression let alone other fish acknowledging him.

OP
OP
Christopher Presley

Christopher Presley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Params are what I believe to be spot on. Zero nitrite and ammonia, 20ish nitrates and PH between 7.8-8

Back