Brightwell Aquatics. I'm a sucker for shiny things!

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I think it's safe to say that I have a slight obsession with Brightwell Aquatics. Maybe it's their flashy packaging? Im not really sure what it is but yea... Had great luck with the Substrat in my refugium and used a few of the Xport Bio cubes in it as well. Used the Microbacter Start XLM & Quikcycl to kick start my cycle. 7 day cycle is what they advertise but it's taking a little longer than that. I'm on day 19 which is fine, I thought 7 days was a little ambitious. Ammonia had spiked and went to zero a week ago. Still have some Nitrites and Nitrates but I'm just about over the hump. Haven't really started using anything else yet. A little bit of the Ferrion for my Chaeto and Mangrove but that's all. Super excited to try everything out. I have test kits for everything so I don't over dose anything. I'll probably slowly ease into adding them so I can try to tell if any of them has made a visible difference in my corals. I'm putting a lot of faith into their product descriptions though as it will be tough to tell. Don't let me down @BrightwellAquatics!

IMG_20200602_182327.jpg

OP
OP
Luckyduck

Luckyduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some really good deals of a bunch of products off Premium Aquatics. $5-$10 each. I've only got a 15 gallon so hopefully the stuff will last me some time. I've heard really good stuff about the Chaeto grow. I ended up going with the Ferrion because of a recommendation on YouTube, guys got a beautiful tank and said it made his Chaeto go crazy and I know Mangroves like iron too. Like I said I'm testing for everything too so I don't over do it.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 124 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 98 33.9%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back