Bubble algae

Dan1789

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both the green and a red speckled bubble algae. I have been manually removing frags and small rocks and picking them off, then dousing in kalk paste. But I just came back after almost 4 weeks and it's spread to places I can't get to easily. What are your suggestions? Emerald crab? Sailfin tang? I have a 90g, radions, gfo, gac, light bio load.

maxxin69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine just went away on it's own, although if you want to be safe then I would go emerald crabs, a Sailfin can't fit in that tank.

homefry319

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine spread pretty bad, I had to manual remove a ton of it. Now it I get it in spots, so when I do a water change I use a quick tool I made to pop/pull water. Its a large needle tapped to the end of a airline tube. Its been keeping it at bay hopefully I'll be able to get ride of it completely.

I did a bunch of research trying to figure the best way to get ride of it. Most what I read is that anything you add to remove it "may" remove so its not a guarantee. Best method was manual removal and what your chemistry.

finallysalty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starve it out and emerald crabs help. I have a pair and they are like lawn mowers. love it

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back