Bubble Tank

mk_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike again! Nano reefer enthusiast.

New tank, may be the last tank, who knows. Think we're up to 6 and counting.

Was reached out to by R2R admins on "Reef aquarium lovers" Facebook page to post about this tank so here we go.

Tank dimensions is 22" inches in diameter and just a tad over 12 inches tall. Now, I was never good at geometry, but due to the amount of 5 gallons buckets I've added after sand and rock. I believe we're are around 12-13 gallons.

This tank is my anemone tank with one DaVinci clownfish. The tank has a center overflow 25mm and a 20mm return nozzle. Definetly came a long way since being set up and it's quickly become one of my favorite nanos so far.

I know, I know, it must be a pain to clean. It's actually not. This system, is plumbed to a trigger 30 sump in my frag room. Being that it has a center overflow I simply added a valve to be able to shut that part off and pop out the center drain. After removing the tube, I get in there with a magic eraser (original). The whole process takes about three minutes, but whose counting besides me. I'm worried to use any other method on the acrylic as I don't want to scratch it. Dosing is easy because it's all one large system.

Light is a simple AI prime for now. Nothing crazy except the writing on the wall and my brain that won't shut off. As always, happy reefing.

1000011837.jpg
1000009876.jpg

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a VERY cool tank!

How did you fabricate it?

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is one incredible tank. I have never seen a bubble tank like that before

Yes, I would agree.

But I’m wondering about practicality. It must be very difficult doing husbandry.

I mean, how do you scrape algae off of a dome?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Very nice - never seen a tank of this contour and have seen many !!! Well done

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pump in there or is it just the return creating some flow? Really like it and also curious where you found this.

OP
OP
M

mk_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a VERY cool tank!

How did you fabricate it?
I didn't build this tank, it was supposed to be my last nano... It can be bought, full disclosure, it was a gift from the company I've been doing work with in the nano world in relations to automatic filter rollers, using my platform to advocate for their awesome invention. The company is reefnrolls.com

OP
OP
M

mk_reefs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a photo of my frag room/ Lab. It was actually was a tool closet under my carport that I transformed. Everything is plumbed into this 30 gallon sump including the bubble tank. It's my little get away space. I don't sell coral but a hobby of mine is aquaculture. Local trades only. GSP tank is going to be swapped out for a Fiji cube 10. Hasn't really made any platforms yet...
1000012205.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.4%
Back