By now all the Vectra Pumps are out. How do you like them, so far?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that the L1 is hitting people's doorsteps and reef tanks, how are you feeling about them?

Anyone using them in a closed loop system?

How are they working with EcoSmart Live? (If you aren't using ESL, how are they as a standalone?)

Ready, set, SHARE! :)

dkray944

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually received my L1 today. I plan on hooking it up as a return pump. Should have it up and running within a couple weeks.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually received my L1 today. I plan on hooking it up as a return pump. Should have it up and running within a couple weeks.

Mine came in today also, but I get way too excited about new equipment... Had it pushing water not even 1hr after UPS knocked on the door. [emoji23]

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have one coming on Thursday. I will be running it on a closed loop with a oceans motion 4 way. Should be interesting.

Really interested in how this works for you! Please remember to share with the class when you get up and running.

[emoji4]

JasReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really interested in how this works for you! Please remember to share with the class when you get up and running.

[emoji4]
I will. I have been waiting on the L1 so I can finalize plumbing on a 64x24x24 160 gallon. The plan is to get a wet test in 7 to 10 days.

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will. I have been waiting on the L1 so I can finalize plumbing on a 64x24x24 160 gallon. The plan is to get a wet test in 7 to 10 days.

Let me tell you, this thing will ROCK your 160!

Can't wait to hear your findings! [emoji4]

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait to hear more about the L1...have that 210 getting built

The Vectra L1 running my two 50g frag tanks, as well as a reactor manifold, is completely overkill! It pushes some SERIOUS water.

My M1 is tied up for a 93g cube build, which otherwise would have been more than sufficient. But a boy has to play with new toys, right? :)

Reefer's Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Vectra L1 running my two 50g frag tanks, as well as a reactor manifold, is completely overkill! It pushes some SERIOUS water.

My M1 is tied up for a 93g cube build, which otherwise would have been more than sufficient. But a boy has to play with new toys, right? :)
That's awesome! I know this is a L1 thread buuuuuut My M1 is hooked up to my 40g shallow tank 30x30x10 and pushes serious water! It's amazing I love it and the tank gets the best flow it possibly could. I run it with my reeflink and have it on a fully custom schedule to mimic high and low tide flow throughout a day in Southern California. Also have a custom schedule for my xr30w gen 3 pro. There is nothing I can complain about with this pump. Had it for a month now also :) can't wait to get another to have it hooked up to my 36x24x12 tank with two xr15w pro's!

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FullSizeRender.jpg

This guy will be powering my 34g Reefer 170, can't wait to get it up and running!

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome! I know this is a L1 thread buuuuuut My M1 is hooked up to my 40g shallow tank 30x30x10 and pushes serious water! It's amazing I love it and the tank gets the best flow it possibly could. I run it with my reeflink and have it on a fully custom schedule to mimic high and low tide flow throughout a day in Southern California. Also have a custom schedule for my xr30w gen 3 pro. There is nothing I can complain about with this pump. Had it for a month now also :) can't wait to get another to have it hooked up to my 36x24x12 tank with two xr15w pro's!

Great! So far I haven't seen any complaints about the Vectra's and the response to just how much water these put out has been at the top of the compliment list.

Would love to hear more about your experiences with it on ESL. (Notifications, programming...etc. )

drsalomon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apparently ecotech has decided not to provide wxm/apex compatibility according to a forum on the neptune website. This is a deal killer for me.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Apparently ecotech has decided not to provide wxm/apex compatibility according to a forum on the neptune website. This is a deal killer for me.

See there in lies a problem.. Neptune decides to make competing products and then expects their competitors to make them compatible. When Neptune was a smaller company they made the modules compatible with others products. They are playing on a fine line right now and this could allow another company to make up ground on them again. They are getting away with it because they are so big right now.

The thing about the Vectra is IT has a ton of features not built into the Apex and if Neptune dont add the features to the Apex or fusion it is useless..

To me they crossed the line when they decided to make products to compete with the companies that they depended on to make the Apex popular. I could understand if there was a product that was not out there.

Now what happens when other companies decide to not make their product compatible with the Apex.

Also it a fine line because EcoTech Marine has the start of a controller really too..

I bet with how popular a product this pump could become if it turns out reliable and Neptune did not have a pump of their own coming out they would be working on making this pump work.

Who made the original WMX module?

Last edited:

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This weekend I installed an L1 in place of a Laguna Maxflo 2900 as my return pump for my 400 gal system. The return line is about 50 feet long with a 5' rise. The first 40 feet of the line is 1.5" pipe, the last 5' is 1" where it returns to the tank.

Both pumps rated at 130W, although the L1 claims to pump 3100 gph while the Laguna is rated at 2900. Their flow curves are similar. So far I like the L1, it is dead quiet (even compared to the Laguna), was very easy to hook up to the existing return line and to program and the min/max feature seems to be a good idea although I doubt I'll use it much. There is no visible difference to me in the amount of water pumped by the L1 (which is not surprising), BUT the power draw by the L1, as reported by my Apex, is significantly lower - dropping from 3.52 to 1.81 amps. I would not have thought this was even possible. Two big thumbs up for the Vectra L1.

melev

Avid Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm hoping to hook up my L1 this Sunday if I have access to the right plumbing parts. :)

Nwest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might be a dumb question but people running these as return pump, how are you running them with a variable speeds or have them program them to run high/low tide. Wont this drop/raise the water level in the sump to much???

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

• I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

• Other.

Back