"Calibrate" your Radions tonight!!

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the calibration. Very easy. All you do is answer the question is the light on. If i remember correctly, once you say no it moves to the next color. It's easier the second time as you know what to expect.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm guessing that it's on the lowest setting at that point and it's just verifying that it is on. @Volpone

rlman41299

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been calibrating my radions since the day 1 acquired them but there will always be color difference. I have 4 gen 3 pro radions and 2 of the 4 are upgraded to to gen 3 pros from gen 2. the difference I noticed is from the blue leds. all blue leds from the factory gen3 pros are much brighter than the ones from the upgraded units no matter how many times I do the calibrations, result will always be the same. Also all of my radions have different intensity in regards to the UV led. one led in a single unit of 4 leds will always be dim and it is same on all 4 radions no matter how much I calibrate them but once running on normal mode they all lit up at same intensity. Seems odd but still works the same.

Rlynch818

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did my first calibration after a year (I never even know of the "calibrate" option), and it worked GREAT! Extremely easy with no problems. Not sure how they could make it any easier! I did find that my middle one (and newest one) was WAY different than my original 2. I love everything about Ecotech!

OP
OP
RandoReefer

RandoReefer

RandyBRS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did my first calibration after a year (I never even know of the "calibrate" option), and it worked GREAT! Extremely easy with no problems. Not sure how they could make it any easier! I did find that my middle one (and newest one) was WAY different than my original 2. I love everything about Ecotech!

Gotta love these posts! Congrats! [emoji4]

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two G3-Pro's in my floating canopy plus 4 T5's for supplement and manage the shadows areas. Was reading at this thread and saw the calibration process (honestly no idea about it) always notice that one of them was turning off first and a couple more minimum differences so jump on my ESL follow the process and done. Did it in my ipad and honestly the easiest and user friendly process, like everything with Ecotech. Best money invested ever, ohhh i just got my new Vectra L1 and guess what LOVE It!!!!!!
Ecotech means Consistent Quality and state of art customer service.

tristanfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long before calibrating? I've just gotten mine in October

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm following along. I have 3 g3 pros. When taking pictures I've noticed my white balance never seems accurate under my left fixture even though all schedules are identical and controlled by apex. Possibly just the angle, but who knows this is worth a shot.

I'm not computer savy, so I'll be patiently waiting for a step by step for apex users, lol!

Great thread and good to know!

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to this thread, just calibrated my new G4 I have been having awful colors from the fixture. The corals weren't totally hating it, but the violet was nasty and overpowering, the warm white looked orange and not like any WW I saw in another tank...

I was guessing it had to do with my room, maybe the passive light coming in?

Nah -- It just needed to be calibrated really, really badly...

I was always under the impression calibration is specifically and only for making sure multiple radions are on point with one another. Having a single radion, I didn't anticipate this making a difference.

I was very extremely wrong -- Calibrate your radions. Even if you only have an XR15. The difference is night and day... Literally amazing.

lillypads reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't get why they are not calibrated out of the box. Am i missing something?

Just bought 2 gen4 and love them. IMO for the money i feel they should be exactly the same...

Also thanks for the info!

DarinOlympia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m trying to calibrate mine and not sure if I’m doing it right. When I say the current channel is on it acts as if I said no and adjusts it. If I say no it moves on to the next light.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back