Chemiclean the key to healthy zoas

PRomero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used as the directions say to use, 1 spoon per 10g water, so far only used maybe every 6months but planning on doing it every two months at 1spoon per 20gallons.

lucky7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not use it as a maintenance dose, I have used it for zoas and I'm pretty sure all that's happening is it's killing bacteria on them. So ailing zoas that get treated with chemiclean that have bacterial related issues should see improvement in health. I'd only use it if you having issues with your zoas that seem bacterial related.

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nothing more beneficial than a good old water change:xd: and that one's on the house

Reef_a_holiks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chemiclean is used to eradicate cyano and algae outbreaks.

If we use r/o water, protein skimmers and run macro algae and do proper maintenance their would never be a need for this product. 11 years with chemiclean-free Z&Ps.

Attachments

• IMG_20130916_145848.jpg
    IMG_20130916_145848.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

PRomero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people are for it, some people are against it. All I know is that it worked for me and for others quite well. The results are thiere if someone want's to try it, maybe one day the people that are against it will start having issues and wonder, well let me try it. Or maybe they won't try it and go a different route. The point is, using chemiclean may help people out.

To all the people that are having success then that's awesome, keep doing what your doing :).

If your zoas are struggling for no apperent reason and you don't see signs of pests then give chemiclean a try.

brandon85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some people are for it, some people are against it. All I know is that it worked for me and for others quite well. The results are thiere if someone want's to try it, maybe one day the people that are against it will start having issues and wonder, well let me try it. Or maybe they won't try it and go a different route. The point is, using chemiclean may help people out.

To all the people that are having success then that's awesome, keep doing what your doing :).

If your zoas are struggling for no apperent reason and you don't see signs of pests then give chemiclean a try.

If it works it works, thats great! Im just saying with proper husbandry you would never have a need for it. I am not against chemicals,I sell them for a living.

PRomero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it works it works, thats great! Im just saying with proper husbandry you would never have a need for it. I am not against chemicals,I sell them for a living.

It's also great that you don't have to use chemiclean, it keeps $15+ in your pocket every month.

Tenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only use to remove cyno but never use for other purpose. Make sure you have air pump running while using chemiclean.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
chemiclean is used to eradicate cyano and algae outbreaks.

If we use r/o water, protein skimmers and run macro algae and do proper maintenance their would never be a need for this product. 11 years with chemiclean-free Z&Ps.

What is the name of the Light Blue Paly's above the Captain Americas?

Whitenoise3k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to wake this thread up! Just dosed my tank with chemo clean. I had some cyano growing around frags and up some of my zoas stalks, they were starting to close and some already closed and not opening. Will post my results in a few days.

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest I think it might be something you should try out if nothing else has worked up till now… I used it to help cure my chalices when I had a bacteria infection... The main ingredient in the chemi clean is used to help infections... The name is a real long scientific one I'm sure you could spot it if you read the ingredients.. It worked amazing for my bacteria infection and I noticed every time I've used up my tank responded really after… It is something that I actually do these days once or twice a year at least now...you can also try the Furan dip method.

Last edited:

Whitenoise3k

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright my results are in. it has now been just a little over a week since i used Chemi-Clean in my tank. WOW! my palys/zoas popped wide open on the second day of treatment, like they were finally breathing in that fresh light, lol, that they haven't been able to get for so long. Still; as I am typing this; they are wide open this morning. Actually I've never seen them stretch out and open so wide before. I actually noticed a new baby on one of my gobstopper frags a few days ago, after this treatment. First off i want to say that yes your skimmer will go crazy, but per instructions just adjust it so its not foaming like crazy. Second, as soon as the treatment period is done, do the water change. I did 2 20% water changes after treament period was done, 2 days in a row. Because this medicine lowers oxygen levels from what I've read, it is very important to keep the air stone in there. I actually left it in there until the 4th day when i completed the second water change. don't need any fish asphyxiating. Fish are expensive! Conclusion: It works! and if i have to use it again later thats what ill use. Awesome product!

got2envy

hello fishy fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a believer. Did a chemi clean dose on my 75 for my zoas and Palys that were opening but not all the way, some were completely closed for over a week. I am a maintenance holic. I do 15g water changes on my reef weekly. Skimmer skims awesome, other corals that were closed were my Green Sinularia. Chemi clean worked for me. Z's and P's are wide open again.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a believer. Did a chemi clean dose on my 75 for my zoas and Palys that were opening but not all the way, some were completely closed for over a week. I am a maintenance holic. I do 15g water changes on my reef weekly. Skimmer skims awesome, other corals that were closed were my Green Sinularia. Chemi clean worked for me. Z's and P's are wide open again.

I agree I Dosed 2 of my Tanks and the Zoanthids that were Closed Perked Up.

Going to do a Third Tank now.

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it for a dip with good results anytime I have a frag or colony close up. Seems to help almost everytime as long as you don't wait too long. If they are melting it's too late.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Cyano is a Bacteria so therefore Chemi-Clean Kills Bacteria.

My Question is Does anybody know if Chemi-Clean Kills Off the Beneficial Bacteria in the Tank that Breaks Down Ammonia and Nitrite?

I have used Chemi-Clean Many Times Before With No Problems.

But While using It I Never Feed anything in the Tank for Fear that there would be a Lack of Beneficial Bacteria and Hence Possibly Causing an Ammonia Spike with all the Food that I put in.

But now I feed Fuel and Reef Roids Twice a Week as Recommended.

Has anybody used Reef Roids with Chemi-Clean at the Same Time?

I want to keep using Reef Roids because my Zoanthids Love it but I do not want to Risk an Ammonia Spike.

Any Thoughts on this Matter are Greatly Appreciated.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back