Choosing to buy a new aquarium: When is it time for a new tank?

When is it time for a new tank?

• It is always time for a new tank.

Votes: 76 32.9%
  • I plan to add a tank soon.

Votes: 23 10.0%
  • I plan to add a tank in the future.

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • I have no plans to get another tank.

Votes: 28 12.1%
  • Only if and when my current tank needs to be replaced

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.5%

• Total voters

Narideth

Fishaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 5 tanks currently spread out between fresh and salt, my previous number of 7 was reduced by two, and that was the compromise with my husband to let me get bigger tanks for the existing ones.

I love setting up tanks, but saltwater setting is a much longer time investment than freshwater, so I doubt I'll be setting up anything else any time soon. I have a 6 month and a 2 week tank to dither over so I'm content.

For now.

Evil Smile GIF

duckman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well. I am dealing with this now, my jbj nano just sprung a leak. I am sure the seal is gone after 10 years (mostly as a freshwater tank). My entire collection of coral is not in a 20 gal petco aquarium now. I also lost my linkia starfish during the transfer because of the crammed space. The starfish literally fell down on the ellegance and got stung to death…

Off to the search of a new tank.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i am content with my 40b. the space is limited, and my SO and i know we want to move out once we can buy a house so i don’t want to change anything until we have a more permanent location for a bigger sized tank (imagine moving out from an apartment with a big tank…. oh the headaches!)

Azael

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have 3 tanks (the bigger one is reef, the other two are freshwater) and I have no more space or time for another tank. But I hope to replace the reef tank next year with a slighty bigger one because this one has some scratches.

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ihave 2 tanks. One is a 120 gallon Planet Aquariums tank that is a mixed reef. I've had it for 7 years. It is maxed out when it comes to corals. My other tank is a 60 gallon cube which is an anemone tank. I'd love to upgrade my reef tank to over 200 gallons but I just can't bring myself to pay the ridiculous prices that they're asking for tanks these days. When this tank reaches its end of life I'll have to make a decision on what to do.

TinnysReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About to start #5 ... can't wait. Just started #4 which is cycling - 40 breeder for a frogfish (Marvin) who currently lives in my frag tank. Making it just for him (and some hermits, snails, conches). He'll have custom caves and ledges that will be great for hunting :) So excited to see him in there.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back