OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have never been good at cable management but here's what I have so far for the space on the side of the tank. Note that the door is not currently installed.

45611ab639bf72b530743626790816f9.jpg

OP
OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Things have been pretty quiet as far as the new build is concerned. I was able to stain and mount the front doors, still need to get the side door done though. Still no life in the tank yet because I am still waiting for the tank to cycle. I do have a nice chunk of dragons breath in the sump tumbling away though. I am starting to contemplate adding sand in the fuge section so I can add a few different species of macro in case some I decide on require a place to root. That thought is still up in the air though.
I have 3 anthias in QT currently going through TTM they didnt show signs of anything but wanted to do it just in case. All three are Lyretail's with one being a male and two females. All are eating frozen just fine and do not want to try getting them on pellets until I have them in the DT just so I dont have to worry about wasted food as much. I have the second transfer scheduled for tonight so I am about halfway there and they should been in the display soon! On a side not for the fish, while I am doing TTM I am also treating them with Prazi on transfer 2 and 4 since I have not read anything against doing so and might as well since I have then in QT already.
I picked up a used Neptune WAV kit yesterday and it should be arriving Monday/Tuesday hopefully. I was reading a whole bunch about my different options for powerheads (of the three I decided on) I truly still was not 100% which I wanted but the WAV was at the #1 spot and I did find a pretty good deal so I am not upset about the purchase. The main reason I picked the WAV was for the ease of programming through my APEX and of course the price. I know I could have picked up some vortechs but the price alone made me put them at the #2 spot. The other option were Tunze's but I fear they may not give a wide enough flow. Either way what's done is done and worst case if the WAV doesn't perform the way I expect I can always trade/sell but I have no real reason to believe they won't.

Hopefully the next update will be a little more exciting than just a punch of words but time will tell.

P.S. If you have an fish recommendations please let me know my current list is...
3x Lyretail anthias in QT
2x Clownfish in my old setup
1x Yellow Coris Wrasse in old setup
1x One Spot Foxface in old setup (I may not bring this guy along so I can but a PBT)

OP
OP
ChrisQ0904

ChrisQ0904

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well its almost time to replace my bulbs on the T5 setup but im thinking of going from 6bulb 48" to an 8bulb 48 or 60" fixture, what do you guys think?

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 186 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back