Classic fish for a 29 gallon (+ sump)

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have gone through a few different stockings in this tank, currently it is sort of an odd ball tank:

Mimic filefish X1
Pygmy waspfish X2
Red soapfish X1
6-line wrasse
Blue cleaner goby

These are really awesome fish!!! BUT. . . the waspfish and soapfish are pretty cryptic and I only really see them when feeding or after lights out. I am getting a bit tired of hand feeding (they do eat some when I broadcast, but probably not enough) also tired of hitting/breaking corals while I am doing it. The filefish is cool, but colors are a bit drab, and even as the biggest fish in the tank it somehow fades into the background haha

So I am thinking about completely changing up the stocking to something more. . . traditional?

Was thinking my new stocking could be:

6-line wrasse
Springeri damsel
Royal Grama

what else. . ?

What are some classic fish that people will recognize and give me that sweet color pop?!?!

All that said I might just keep on doing what I am doing, but looking into options! Thanks in advance!!!

OP
OP
MoshJosh

MoshJosh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Although they hide also, I love my firefish. Bright flash of color when he comes out to eat.
Another one I didnt think id like but I love now is a Banggai Cardinalfish.
Both are striking fish. . . but the firefish hiding would be a problem for what I am wanting haha!

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both are striking fish. . . but the firefish hiding would be a problem for what I am wanting haha!
Its a guess with some fish, Ive seen other people have the same fish and it swims in the water column all day. I think some of my issue is that I have a lot of flow in my little tank and he just cant stand it. This little IM 25 lagoon has two Nero3 pumps at 30% and two spinstreams on the output from the stock pump.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back