OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to order a cleanup crew from reefcleaners I am still debating on what to get however.

Furiousreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes a lot of details and artistic to achieved this level of cleanliness.

IMHO. I wouldn't use the vinyl tube. It harden thru time and it's tough to remove from the pump for service. I would recommend silicone tube from BRS. They are a little spendy, but it worth-while.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes a lot of details and artistic to achieved this level of cleanliness.

IMHO. I wouldn't use the vinyl tube. It harden thru time and it's tough to remove from the pump for service. I would recommend silicone tube from BRS. They are a little spendy, but it worth-while.

Thank you. I can see why people skip on the detail part now after doing it. It takes a ton of time and a lot of planning prior to everything to make it work. For example I had to design the stand around the sump sitting the way it is to make my drains come straight down and my cords have the shortest route possibly.

I will look into the silicone tube for sure I didn't even know it was an option. Thank you for letting me know. The pump should be easy to remove as the fitting just screws off easily. But I don't want t becoming to ridged.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to update yet we are in the weird phase of the tank that nothing fun is happening. I got a yellow tang about a week ago that is doing amazing in the tank. He is eating well and very active. I designed my open scape in mind of the yellow tang to insure he has plenty of swimming room. I dont need to hear anything about the "6ft" tank rule with tangs as this is not any thing other then a yellow tang and I dont belive at all that being able to swim 6ft back and forth is any different then being able to swim in a circle in the tank.

other then that I picked up something today that I have always wanted in my reef tank and I was so excited to see that the LFS had them. It may be silly but I love pairs of fish and we always just see clowns in pairs. I picked up a pair of yellow watchman gobies with a tiger pistol. Cant wait to get them in the tank happy.

For corals I got a test sps coral last week with the yellow tang. I just picked up a 15$ frag of a Purple acro and its doing amazing. Its getting better color and has great PE. I decided to grab a big chunk of birds nest as well and that is looking really good too. I am not going to do to much as far as corals go for now as I want the tank to mature a bit. I just wanted to get a few testers to see how things did and how the growth is.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I had a fun time last night when my mp40 wet side was spining inside the tank at about 10000rpm. pulled it out and it was smoking and no longer works...not sure if it seized up or what but had to buy a new wet side.

So I got 1 mp for with a bad wet side and the other one I bought has been "lost" by UPS cant say I am to happy with this.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few pics. One with my new watchman pair. The pistol shrimp is hard at work making a mess and the two watchman never stray to far. They took two days to find the pistol but quickly jumped right in after they got comfortable I am assuming.

New bulbs should be here Tuesday should help get rid of some of the blue.

IMG_1959.JPG

IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1958.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%

Back