OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been working on the stand. Playing around with a few ideas on how to make all the sides removable. I have a feeling the wood will start to warp over time so i will need to be prepared put doors in it someday if needed.

Going to paint the stand white.

IMG_1888.JPG

IMG_1890.JPG

This side will be all my electrical. I ordered some of those metal wire ducts on amazing yesturday for it. Hope 5 1/2 feet is enough. I am sure it will be.

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

When the sides go on the seems are close to perfect but my stand isn't 100% square. It's level but just ever so slightly off of square so there is a small overhang from the top to the sides. I figure I'll just need to trim it a little bit maybe to cover the imperfection. I didn't want any trim on it but I am not an expert woodworker in any way.

IMG_1895.JPG

I am using some of these simple door latches for the sides. They are nice in the fact that the side is lined up perfectly when I put it back on and I don't have to worry about it not being right.

IMG_1892.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been checking the sell forums every day on a couple of the reef sites and finally found what I was looking for! I bought a 24" 8bulb ATI Sunpower. The light looks like its in great condition and am excited to get it. Every $ I can save gives me more money for other things I want to get for the tank and for fish and coral.

List of items I have so far:

Tank 93g Frameless
Eshopps Ghost Overflow M
RS-200 Eshopps Sump
Reef Octopus NWB-110 (this is one item I am thinking about upgrading)
ATI 24" 8 Bulb T5HO Fixture
Vortech MP40 (I have 1 of the 2 I have bought. One was lost in shipping I guess so UPS is looking into it)
Reef Keeper Lite /w ATO, Temp Prob
QuietOne 3000 Return Pump
Some 250w Heater
BRS Dual Media Reactor
Jabeo 4 channel dosing pump
Ipad - Going to keep it in stand and put an App on it to record maintenance and keep track of things

Stand is a work in progress. Hope to finish it and start painting tonight. I will then need to move it inside, put the tank on it to drill holes for the overflows. The finishing work on the stand like wire management can be done when its in place and the tank is on it. Going to also put some LED track lighting in the stand so I can see what I am doing when working in it. That is one thing I have hated about all of my past stands.

My rock is still "curing" I would call it more of a cycle myself but its been at it for about 2 weeks and I have another set of 40lbs of rock that has cycled in my 30g frag tank.

Things I still need to get:
Probe Holder
PH Probe to replace my old one
PVC - Thinking about going red PVC with white fittings
Dosing containers for 2 part
30lb bag of sand - I have 30lbs already and I think 60lbs will be plenty of sand we will see

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we are getting closer and closer.

I finished constructing the stand tonight and have applied a few coats of kilz and a few coats of paint but looks like it needs a few more to me. I am good with the inside but I want the outside to be as white as possible. Will finish that tomorrow and hope to have the tank on the stand by Thursday.

IMG_1898.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1901.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is coming along great!

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! It's going smooth so far. I am have some trouble figuring out what to do for the plumbing. I can't find red pvc locally so I am debating painting normal pvc or just ordering it from someone online. It just cost so much and who knows how much I will end up using.

It would cost me around 60$ in red pvc. Think I'll try to paint it red and see how it turns out.

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand looks great, But if I might add. You should add 2x3 on the corners. between the top and bottom of your frames. (it'll hold most of the weight) instead of the inside 2x4 that the screws are holding the weight with.. Late night I am tired my grammer is so off )

serkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think it would cost you $60 in red PVC. I did a few tanks
IMG_1477977443.092762.jpg

serkel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still need a little organization with the wires but almost there. But you get the idea. You'll be surprised on how happier you'll be if you do it right the first time around.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well a lot has happened. I decided to just paint the pvc because it is already dry fitted. Here some some pictures of the progress. Last night I finished the dry fit and the electrical area on the side. Managing the cords is much more difficult then I would have imagined just because they take up so much space. I think I need to bust out the zip ties to manage them a little better inside the channels. I don't have any pictures of that progress yet so these are all from before I did that.

IMG_1909.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1908.JPG

IMG_1906.JPG

Ended up breaking my pump I was going to use so I had to order a new one. I upgraded to a quiet one 4000. I think it will be a good thing as the 3000 would be underpowered.

I get my ati light today so I hope to mount that and finish the plumbing.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my power cord management. I think it turned out well and I have enough room to expand.

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks really good. Very nice build.

Thank you very much. Taking my time and learning from past builds. I have built a few systems and there are always things I don't like so I am trying to make sure I resolve all those issues.

blesk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's perfect I will be following getting me cube this mont build will follow.

OP
OP
Cleverbs

Cleverbs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my light fixture done today.

Right now it's for some random bulbs in it. A bit to blue for my taste. Going to order some more bulbs to play around with the color I want. Defiantly need a coral plus in there.

I am very pleased with how clean it is turning out. Was going for a very minimal look and didn't want to see cords or anything and I have managed to do it with only seeing the cord from the light.

IMG_1921.JPG

IMG_1915.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back