OP
khalisee

khalisee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am living close to frankfurt. And yes I can buy online. Do u have recommendation for the salt? I have an hydrometer is it not good enough (the only thing I could buy from the store and was kind of expensive)? I usually used distilled water.

OP
OP
khalisee

khalisee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6ac6fa796ddab76f0e03371355d305d9.jpg
it is really looking bad. And I had the feeling it's started to have these white dots :(

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I dated a guy from Frankfurt. Only been to Munich though. Beautiful there.

Anyway. The hydrometer is not a great tool for salinity. If you use it, make sure to follow the directions exactly to get a good reading. I honestly never use them. The refractometers are a bit expensive. $50 range here in USA.

Salt is what you want in your tank. I use Instant Ocean Reef Crystals currently with no issues. I have used others too. Distilled water from where? Do you buy it that way? If so, you may want to invest in a RO/DI unit to make your own water. These will run you about $150 USA and then filters annually $80 at most.

I cannot see the fish close enough to know if it is dealing with ich, but treating it in the tank with corals is not a good option.

OP
OP
khalisee

khalisee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool, I dated a guy from Frankfurt. Only been to Munich though. Beautiful there.

Anyway. The hydrometer is not a great tool for salinity. If you use it, make sure to follow the directions exactly to get a good reading. I honestly never use them. The refractometers are a bit expensive. $50 range here in USA.

Salt is what you want in your tank. I use Instant Ocean Reef Crystals currently with no issues. I have used others too. Distilled water from where? Do you buy it that way? If so, you may want to invest in a RO/DI unit to make your own water. These will run you about $150 USA and then filters annually $80 at most.

I cannot see the fish close enough to know if it is dealing with ich, but treating it in the tank with corals is not a good option.
I do not have much corals yet. Just a briareum neon. And an Algae chondrus crispus.

World is small :) frankfurt area is also really beautiful

OP
OP
khalisee

khalisee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And it's really hard to do good pics... sorry for the quality...

Coolbreeze69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signs and symptoms[ich]
Typical behaviours of clinically infected fish include:

• Anorexia (loss of appetite, refusing all food, with consequential wasting)
  • Rapid breathing
  • Hiding abnormally
  • Not schooling (in schooling fish)
  • Resting on the bottom
  • Flashing
  • Rubbing and scratching against objects
  • Upside-down swimming near the surface
Do a search on the internet on ich and select pictures. Do any of them look like what the spots are on your clown?

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to treat for ich, you can try to get something that will treat in food or tank. Since you only have the algae and the briarium, you should be pretty safe with the reef safe products or non-copper meds.

OP
OP
khalisee

khalisee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to look better... They have swim a lot today... I haven't seen them to close to the sand... thanks :) i hope it will keep going like that

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back