OP
OP
J

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So… as far as adding the clowns go I am waiting on enough nems to host them.

also my tank is leaking, so I am going to reseat my 180 gallon tank, and combine both my tanks into one.

thinking 1.5 ft on each end for carpets with a rock island in middle to cut off all ability to touch. Including a barrier under the sand to make sure carpets can’t move too close to rocks.

when my BTA stop play fighting with their cousins I believe they will split faster.

Currently 12 bta, including 1 darth Vader.
2 carpet nems. Neon green with blue bas is 18” plus easy, and the multicolor carpet is reaching over a foot.

wanting to have around 20 is nems I will be confident three will split enough while the clowns grow to have their areas.

going to attempt to make the rocks open so the nems can fill and fish can swim between.

TLDR At least 6 months, more like nine and possibly a year.

Also accumulating the funds. I have to do that hopefully with nem or other coral sales. Can’t spend any more major cash on my hobby.

OP
OP
J

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rescued these little gems today! They were bleached after tank crash at a LFS. Got the rock with 4 for $40.

I’m pretty confident they will live. No guts showing, no gaping for now.

forst day pics so we can see how they color up.

*side not. I swore I saw purple tips on the completely green one on the LFS. May have just been their lights or my eyes, but I’m really hoping I wasn’t seeing things lol*
996EF4D4-FCF6-43B0-9EB5-DE7FAE66B1D2.jpeg
07496FC7-FC23-46C5-AF79-5DA0BCD88BB1.jpeg
5A5FCE79-E94E-4973-A869-ABD9D958700C.jpeg

OP
OP
J

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Moving was rough, several nightmare moments, but it all got done. No notable loses

Waiting to attach frags until I get a good sense of where I want things, and then snap some pics to document it!

Here is a pretty side view shot in the 180.
2EACEF7B-4C6F-4039-B96D-B39A6D3391FC.jpeg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moving was rough, several nightmare moments, but it all got done. No notable loses

Waiting to attach frags until I get a good sense of where I want things, and then snap some pics to document it!

Here is a pretty side view shot in the 180.
2EACEF7B-4C6F-4039-B96D-B39A6D3391FC.jpeg
Thankfully you got everything transferred well!

OP
OP
J

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I awoke to a cloudy tank this morning!!
I started running carbon.

going to do a large water change

no coral seems phased yet.

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I awoke to a cloudy tank this morning!!
I started running carbon.

going to do a large water change

no coral seems phased yet.
Had the same problem and currently running Reef Spec and it’s been 48 hours and it’s significantly clearer. Hopefully by Tuesday it’s all crystal clear. What Carbon are you using?

OP
OP
J

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had the same problem and currently running Reef Spec and it’s been 48 hours and it’s significantly clearer. Hopefully by Tuesday it’s all crystal clear. What Carbon are you using?
I’m using the BRS fancy smancy super whatever carbon. I changed about thirty gallons. Still very cloudy at the moment.

I think it has something to do with some snails, rbta, or some other frisky inhabitant on this full moon we are having

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the BRS fancy smancy super whatever carbon. I changed about thirty gallons. Still very cloudy at the moment.

I think it has something to do with some snails, rbta, or some other frisky inhabitant on this full moon we are having
Lol the fancy smancy stuff. Honestly haven‘t tried the BRS one but it seems overrated lol but again I’ve yet to try it.

OP
OP
J

Jason boles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bahahaha. I’m sure it’s just as good as any other!! I bought a huge canister years ago.
Really interested to see how this turns out! Love the giant carpet nems - do you have to feed them regularly?
Thanks for the follow!!!

Do I feed them!! They eat like hogs! I enjoy feeding my entire tank every few days. If you have a mouth you get stuff.

That’s little boy blue eating when I first got him!!!

They get super big and stretch really far if you don’t feed them. If you feed them too much they just get super big.

I feed when I notice then stretching their skirts out. Which is every few days.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back