OP
cmcneil

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Felix does so awesome work for sure.the pics look great,I can only imagine how good it looks in person.I'm so excited to be taking delivery Saturday that it can't get here fast enough :) I will most likely be buying the oak plywood to skin the stand out ASAP so I can get it setup.I have all but one pump so that needs to be purchased as well but I will have to wait a week or two since in spent the last of my extra cash on the tank.

OP
OP
cmcneil

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i got my tank last night from Felix and i couldnt be happier.the quality is second to none and the tank was worth every penny i paid.the edges are perfect,the silicone work is bubble free,the overflow box looks awesome.i cant say enough good things about the craftsmanship and overall experience of dealing with Felix.i will never buy another tank from any other custom builders,Reef Savvy is just top notch.here are some pics i took today of the tank.i had to make a black acrylic overflow piece to keep the fish and inverts from getting into the box and the piece i made fits like a glove.obviously the specs i gave Felix were followed to the mm.i have alot of work ahead of me to get the system running and the stand is priority one.

weir cutout without my acrylic shield
15d2c421.jpg

with acrylic shield
a2699798.jpg

4d6a51fc.jpg

awesome black silicone work bubble free :)
6f689e0a.jpg

the logo
de1913f0.jpg

dbbce9df.jpg

tank and some equipment
4d52a9db.jpg

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this tank up and running? Please post some updated details and shots. I'd love to know how that awesome light worked out.

OP
OP
cmcneil

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry everyone the build had to be put on hold.I got laid off from my job about 2months ago and had to put a hold on the build.I also had back surgery 2 weeks ago and am still healing from that.I do have a new job starting in about a week and plan on getting back to work on the tank again.trust me when I say I'm itching to get some saltwater going again soon.

bmac16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gorgeous build! Sorry to hear about your inconvenience, good luck to you and hope you bounce back soon to complete this build

OP
OP
cmcneil

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks eveyone for the kind words,i hated to put this build on hold but had too.i litereally got the tank from Felix and lost my job a week or two later.i did find a new job shortly after losing my other job but the pay was horrible and i was misrable.i quit a job for the first tme in my life from that place.my new job is back in the plastics industry do in what i did for 15 years and thats weld plastics.

OP
OP
cmcneil

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i start my new job thursday so thats great.i am getting bored sitting around the house all day.hopefully i can get the tank up and running soon but we might be moving around march/april so i wont do anything until thats figured out.either way im just happy to be going back to work again and actually getting paid what i should.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look forward to progress of your tank, and good luck with the new job.

OP
OP
cmcneil

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i do have an update to my project.we bought a new home about 2 weeks ago and i will be setting up my tank soon.i need to get a few pieces of equipment(skimmer and a flow pump like a mp-10 or tunze nanowavebox)not sure what i want yet on the pump.i need to finish off my stands exterior finish and plumb everything up.from here on out all of my money will be going into my tank as long as my wife to be doesnt put a stop to it.i told her i will do things slow and not spend money too fast so she seems to be on board plus she is wanting me to set it back up since she loved looking at it just as much as me.so hopefully ill have some new updates soon and this tank will be up and running in the next month or two.i plan on stocking it slowly so i dont P.O. the wife to be but im itching to set it up and get water in it.heck id be happy with just saltwater running in it and some fish swimming around.

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look forward to the new setup. Congrats on the new home and good luck with marriage etc.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 30.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back