Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s cool. I need to find one that eats bubble algae
Only took me 3 tries!

Pretty wild the size difference between the two of them! But they leave each other alone, and just keep making good work on the tank!

IMG_9593.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice picture of my PC Rainbow. This piece has come full circle. Started as a deep red frag with green base. Almost died via RTN after its first full week in the tank. Slowly grew its tissue back, and has since doubled in thickness. Has began encrusting really well on the frag plug, and now it looks like it’s about to shoot out a bunch of new branches from its tip!

IMG_9643.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today, my tank hits 1 year of having water in it! I must say the tank has come really far this past year, and I'm extremely happy with the various changes I've made, my overall aquascape, and the growth of my corals!

As most say, once you h it that first year, growth really starts to take off. I can say that over the last 2 months, I have seen different corals start to really settle in, and take off more in terms of growth rate. I'm excited to see what the next year has in store!

My "immediate" plans are as follows:
-Upgraded return pump (Sicce MIcra)
-Dual @Vivid Creative Aquatics RFG setup
-New @WWC order! After my birthday I"ll have $100 credit, so looking to get some more zoas, some new encrusters, and some fancy lords!

After that, I'm not really sure if there's much else I"ll be able to put into the tank aside from letting it grow out. My SPS are all starting to take shape, and if things go the way I planned, I"ll have a pretty full tank within the next year!

Big shoutout to @ESHOPPS.INC for an amazing tank! @WWC for the majority of my corals, @Battlecorals for my killer SPS collection!

First is my comparision picture from exactly 1 year apart, and then some additional pictures from today!

deskmate-1-year-comparison.jpg

IMG_9672.JPG IMG_9671.jpg IMG_9670.jpg IMG_9669.jpg IMG_9668.jpg IMG_9667.JPG IMG_9666 2.jpg IMG_9674.jpg IMG_9673.JPG IMG_9666.jpg

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it is coming along nicely.

that 1-year mark is a thing too - I have setup number of Nano tanks here in the office and it they all sort of hit an autopilot stage after about the 1 year mark
Thanks Antonio! Looking forward to what comes, and looking forward to some extra flow and more randomness with the dual RFG's!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is a good day for the tank! Scored myself a Valentine's Day special from Adam at Battlecorals!

Excited to see what comes tomorrow! Stay tuned everyone!

1707935133697.png

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update. New box of corals will be coming on Tuesday! After speaking with Adam, i'd rather get the box on Tuesday, so I can have a full 4 days of observing the corals prior to leaving for the weekend when I'm not here.

Stay tuned for an unboxing next week!

Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why does the day before delivery day always go so slow!

Bubble Algae Update - Almost completely gone from the main display! I've still got a boat load of it in the rear chamber...but I don't care about that at all...I consider it my little refugium! All the other little hermits are also keeping everything in check within the display. Knock on wood I've got a well oiled machine going over here.

Last picture before a new box of sticks arrive from Battle Corals. I'm really excited to see what I get!

IMG_9859.jpg

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battlebox has arrived! I was lucky winner #5 of his recent Valentine’s Day contest, and I can hands down say I am completely blown away by my box!

Since I have a small tank, I told Adam I couldn’t take any more than 8 corals, that I love milli’s and wouldn’t mind a blue light coral, and as always he did not disappoint!

My haul is as follows:

1: Blue Light Special
2: Blue Light Special
3: Crisp en Glove (milli)
4: Sunset Milli
5: No name spec
6: Joker 2.0
7: Green Tangerine
8: Houdini

As we’ve all come to expect from Adam, all corals were healthy, big and chunky! 4 of these new frags are now the BIGGEST SPS in my tank! The milli’s were so healthy that they were shaggy in the shipping bags!

They’re all hanging out on my frag rack now, and I dipped my lights down for a 10 day acclimation period so they don’t get stressed. Hardest part now is going to be figuring out where to put all 8 of these bad boys….within the next year I’m going to have an SPS forest in this deskman…I love it!

Thanks again Adam! You rock!

@Battlecorals Best in the Business!

IMG_9877.JPG IMG_9875.JPG IMG_9873.JPG IMG_9871.JPG IMG_9869.JPG IMG_9867.JPG IMG_9865.JPG IMG_9862.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great score! It’s hard to see the tank/ corals with the blue lights. Do you have any filters.
I know...it ticks me off. I think I'm going to try and pick up a set of some filters soon. Sometimes "portrait" mode on my iPhone gives more realistic colors.

I might end up mounting the corals today, and if I do i'll try and grab some better pictures!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So that whole waiting until Friday or next week to mount everything....didn't happen!

I got everything mounted in a matter that I think everything will be able to grow out and mature. I'm happy with the overall placement of everything. I'm really excited to see how everything grows out and matures. Here's a little Instagram video from a few minutes ago. I have the intensity lowered on the lights, and it's already starting to convert over to my afternoon blue spectrum so I wasn't able to get any good still pictures, but those will follow once the full light acclamation is over (9 more days).

Thanks again Adam for a great contest! In my opinion you're top of the industry! Keep up the great work!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall everything is going really well in the tank with the new corals. There is one coral that's having a slight issue, but i have no doubt it will come back.

The sunset milli is having a slight RTN issue. Not sure exactly why, but it's the only one out of the lot of 8. It's towards the base of the coral on the front side. Not sure if maybe the epoxy/glue irritated it, or possibly that when I was taking it off the frag plug, it fell off of my working space and fell onto my desk.
IMG_9930.JPG IMG_9932.JPG IMG_9929.JPG

Either way, I'm confident that it'll make a full recovery!

Otherwise the tank is looking great, everything's healthy, polyps are fully extended on all corals, and my new top down and front show look pretty bad@ss if I do say so myself!

Thanks for looking!

IMG_9920.jpg
IMG_9934.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunset milli continued having some issues over the weekend, but I think we've finally stabilized. I took my pipet this morning and blew some water on it, and no more flesh seemed to be loose. Seems like the similar issue I had with my PC Rainbow. So I"m confident it'll grow back stronger than ever over the course of the next month.

The remaining polyps look good and healthy, and the flesh loss on this is much less significant than what happened to the PC Rainbow, so I'm looking forward to a great comeback story!

All other corals from my Battlebox are doing great, none have any issues at all (knock on wood), and have had great polyp extension!

As always, thanks for following a long

Side Shot:
IMG_0017.JPG

Front Shot:
IMG_0014.JPG

Herbie's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A nice picture of my PC Rainbow. This piece has come full circle. Started as a deep red frag with green base. Almost died via RTN after its first full week in the tank. Slowly grew its tissue back, and has since doubled in thickness. Has began encrusting really well on the frag plug, and now it looks like it’s about to shoot out a bunch of new branches from its tip!

IMG_9643.JPG
Looks healthy now, can't even tell that it ever rtn'd. Looks like its getting ready to take off!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back