CTARS Grow-Out 2.01

Are you interested in starting the growout with a $20 zoa/paly frag?

• Yes, this amount is fine

Votes: 19 100.0%
  • No, this is too expensive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
captc07

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bryan what happens is we all pitch in a set amount of money per person to captc07 and then he goes and buys a colony of whatever coral we decided as a group. After that it is fragged into however many pieces for each paid member with all frags being similiar in size ie 1 or 2 polyp. Then we grow then with every week or 2 weeks we have to submit a photo showing growth. After so.many weeks it ends and a winner is declared and they get something.

Pretty much what was said here. Finding a colony of something a little nicer then what we started with last time while keeping the price at around $20 a person was going to be difficult, so I reached out to some vendors and am happy to say that AquaSD has agreed to partner with us and will not only be cutting and mounting all of our frags, but they are going to hold them for a few weeks to heal properly. I will be releasing futher details and we will have a poll to choose which zoa/paly we growout. There will be several options to choose from. As for the timeframe it is still up in the air but I think 3 months seems to be a nice length of time to show some growth and for people to keep focused. The prize right now has been offered up by Rev and it is $100 courtesy of R2R, but that isn't necessarily going to be it, I am working on something else as well....

So everyone that is interested needs to vote and post here so I can have an accurate headcount!

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone should throw a frag in to the prize pool and winner gets first pick second place gets second, just to add a second element. Or winner take all. Anyone have a before and after shot of the winning coral last year ? I'm

OP
OP
captc07

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if the thread still exsists over on RC but Phil was the winner and Triggreef came in second, both of them along with Leslie had amazing growth from what started out as only a few polyps, all three finished with over 100. Hopefully whatever we choose this time won't grow quite as well...lol.:tongue:

LeslieP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those things are taking over!! I had to pull them off the rockwork to slow the spread.

Captc07, thank so much for taking control and getting this started again. When do you think you will need the $$ by?

OP
OP
captc07

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those things are taking over!! I had to pull them off the rockwork to slow the spread.

Captc07, thank so much for taking control and getting this started again. When do you think you will need the $$ by?

Not sure on the exact date yet, won't be till around this month's meeting at the earliest.

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started kalk pasting over mime from the last time I have so many. Still have the entire disc full

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pic of both Capt's and my tile from the last growout (also pictured with some blue zoas). They are all on a 4x4 tile. When I pulled the nuclear death frags off of the 4x4 tile, the palys were growing on the bottom of the 4x4 tile as well. Crazy how fast they spread..

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome! Can't wait!

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put some on a rock with a fast growing Elkhorn monti. Just to see what happens. Lol. I'm hoping the monti can stay far enough ahead to keep giving the zoas room to grow.

Glad I didn't let these things touch my rock work.

Trumptitan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my mis adventures of the last I ended up over a hundred as well before trading them. Mine went in the tank fell off plug disappered under the rock work and finally came out the backside to a spot I could snag them and then put them back on a plug that had a little bump on it and after they got down to the disc they started blowing up.

Very excited to be able to try again with something new.

OP
OP
captc07

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping to get 20 people in the contest. We have 15 so far....who else wants in?

Last edited:

Bryan47

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on guys! I have plain t5's and know I won't win I'm just in it for the fun!

SaltySammy

Bubblehead Forever
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
t5's for a paly is ok bro, ya never know you may have the magic touch

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have t5s and do pretty good with our corals. Getting ready to set up a frag tank soon because we starting to outgrow our tank, lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
captc07

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more day to get in on the growout contest. Right now there are 18 votes, but only 17 people have said they were in. You need to post that you want to participate in order to be counted and have a vote towards the type of zoa/paly that we choose. As of now the following people said they are participating:

Captc07, SassAwrasse, DarkTang, Trump, Vaiodude, Jersaint, SaltySammy, Red88rick, SaltAddict, LeslieP, Masedaddy, SteelerMike, Gar732, Triggreef, Bryan47, Ctopal, and CountryBob.

Who else want's in on the fun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 38 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back