CUSTOM SUMP GIVEAWAY sponsored by Elite-Aquatics.net!

el_ote

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my rig

id like a custom sump built by Elite-Aquatics so I can have all the bells and whistles built right in. maybe even a ATS partition built right in!

Mark_Lide

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm fairly new to the hobby and my DIY sump is nice but a custom sump would be great!!!
image.jpg

sladeclan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help my friends

A sump would be great. A sump from Elite-Aquatics would be FANTASTIC. I have to admit I do not have a sump yet. I am still working with a 306 Fluval pump and a Coralife turbo-twist uv for my skimmer. An upgrade is just what my little friends would love and need.

AquariGod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A sump would be great. A sump from Elite-Aquatics would be FANTASTIC. I have to admit I do not have a sump yet. I am still working with a 306 Fluval pump and a Coralife turbo-twist uv for my skimmer. An upgrade is just what my little friends would love and need.

You need a sump man !

bault1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no pic to post because i dont have a sump i really want one an would love to have one installed on my marine tank

BIKERRAT64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need a new sump

Could really use a real sump with appropriate chambers and flow. Our home made job is not set up very effectively and needs many more baffles.

Attachments

• 20140827_133508.jpg
    20140827_133508.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:

gotscreensprinting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres are equipment as follows up to date let me know what you think thanks alot.
I have a ES HOPPS PSK-100H Protein skimmer,AQUA GADGET REACTOR mid size,RIO+1700 aqua pump powerhead,and a rio return pump which is very big.I have no space in my sump i have to put my return pump for my chiller with the inlet.
sump.jpg

mmatspr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have 2 Innovative Marine Nuvo Mini 38 running one aside of the other. Obviousle they are AIO tanks but my plans are adding overflow boxes to each and run a single custom sump filtration for both of them. One of them is a full mixed reef tank and the other i have it as a frag/collecting tank. Mostly Zoas and Acans.
I want to do the custom sump setup so that i can control both tank parametrs in the sump and add mods like a dosing pump system and a bigger skimmer. I currently run on the IM nano Skimmer, it does do its work but I have a huge bio charge on my fish tanks cause I actually like to have "fish' on my fish tanks :)

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 72 bow, limiting the footprint of a sump to 10"x30". I am forced to use a wet dry trickle filter in the place of a sump. The layout sucks, can't fit equipment in in the right order (reactor after skimmer) and it is a leaky sob.
uploadfromtaptalk1410281518393.jpg

michaelwith6kids

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just look at my sad sump. It is a used wet dry sump that was converted into a berlin style sump. I really feel I deserve to win a sump from the best sump makers in the world. For the past 17 years I have been a special education teacher. I work with high school student with severe Autism. I LOVE MY JOB. But it is VERY difficult at times. I must love it to have done it for so long. After school/work I work for HOSPITAL HOMEBOUND PROGRAM, I go to the houses of sick students who are to sick to go to school and teach all there subjects so they can graduate. My wife and I don't make a lot of money. My wife is disabled and doesn't work and we have six kids between the two of us and a 1 year old grandson that also lives with us. Money and space is tight with a family of 9. But we all love each other and make it work. This might be the only way I could have a sump like this. I could not afford to buy a lot of nice fancy equipment. Pretty much everything I have in this tank is used. But it is my baby an I love it. Having a reef tank is my one guilty pleasure. I give and give to everyone. My students, my community , and my family. My reef tank is my only gift to me. It makes me happy. And I must say my biggest admirer is my 1 year old grandson who LOVES it. Everyday I pick him up and explain how everything works and how he is going to help is grand daddy take care of it when he is to old to. Got to groom him you. Well I hope I win this thing. If I don't you guys are still awesome

Attachments

• 20140910_021658.jpg
    20140910_021658.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 191

mr.Green

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

Great looking sumps! It's fun to actually see the reality of peoples builds, not just the hotted up versions found in build-threads and TOMs.
This is my second build, I think I did a great job at the time I designed it, but so far there is way too much detritus build up and salt spray, and not enough room for new equipment. I don't think it's my routine unfortunately... rather the design. Unfortunately, I'm between jobs, so I can't afford a new sump at the moment.

Getting a new, custom made from the experts (!), would certainly help with my reefing goals, such as sediment control and better alk control. I'm really close to my ideal system, but I find I lack a bit downstairs so to speak.

Here's the beast:

100L

IMG_7586.jpg

gacolt

JEEP STUFF
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
rev your gonna make me open a facebook account with all these awesome giveaways that you do.thanks for all the love that you give to us fellow reefers.keep up the great work.r2r rocks

Global

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi im new here and here is a pic of my new seahorse/reef tank project im trying to build.
Still have a long way to go, with many of the things I need to get it up and running. The sump is a massive part of what I need to get this going.

Would love to win this Elite-Aquatics sump, would be one less thing I need to get to become successful in this new endeavour.
As you can see this is as far as iam with the design of the sump on paper, its only tiny at total capacity of 10gallons with a skimmer next to it.
The biggest sump I can get in is 17inch long x 10inch wide x 15inch high.
Well that's the plan so far, im sure if I won this great prize working with Elite-Aquatics.net would be a great learning curve.

Cheers Reef2Reef and Elite-Aquatics.net for this opportunity to be in this competition.
Good luck everyone :) Cheers Global

Attachments

• DSC00727.jpg
    DSC00727.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 213

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 160 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back