CUSTOM SUMP GIVEAWAY sponsored by Elite-Aquatics.net!

DRThompson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2014-09-11 12.54.33.jpg

my homemade sump from a 65 tall, need better organization.

rppvt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SUMP thing's rotten in LA

Okay. other folks have worse problems than I, but, all things being equal, I'd love a shot at one of these beautiful pieces of craftsmanship whilst I resurrect my 75 Gallon hi-flow stony paradise.
So I'm IN!
IMG_6738.jpeg

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liked them on FB a while now.

I would like a custom sump because my current sump is ugly lol. Plus I would like the addition of filter socks.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1410556637.249950.jpg

RidgeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tmp_22401-20140911_2104482017572409.jpg

I currently do not have a sump and need one, I haven't found one that'll fit under my stand unless I use two ten gallon tanks and connect them. I'm in need for a custom sump with my very first 55 gallon reef aquarium.
Thank you

tunicata

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, this is Tunicata. I am posting a picture of my sump and am 'liking' your FB account.
I want a sump designed by Elite Aquatics, because:

1)I love the slick ELITE look of your sump, it has a pretty fly and sleek edge to it that fits in with my value of modern aesthetics (even with the rounded corners to add a touch of old school freshness)

2. I have always wanted a sump that has the water overflow from a cachement area and then into a filter sock!! This simulates a more natural process for detritus dropping. Like the ebb and flow around a river bend. Easier cleanup and longer life for the sock!!

3. East of use. As you can see, my sump currently, is a dumping ground for randomly placed equipment. Your design has built ins which make this sump not only a star in space saving design but it is PURPOSEFUL use of space!! That is evident in the holder for the heater, the adjustable shelving for the probes, and the varying inlets/outlets for water flow.

4. Not to connect too much to pop culture, but going back to the look of this sump, it appears...FLAWLESS! hahah, my wife just had me listening to some Beyonce. As you can see (maybe) my sump is 100% clear. This means you can clearly see the errs of the workmanship in the bubbles at the seams of the acrylic. I am hoping that there are no leaks in it's future with me, however long. I am just troubled by the obvious faults. You can even see bubbles in the seams of my sump from the picture. I didn't know a lot about acrylic when I bought it....

5. To that end, I am a true believer that you should use the best and right tools for the job. I appreciate that you use top industry level design software and machinery to ensure the final product does not simply work, but works specifically to the value of the design i.e. not happenstance

Attachments

• 20140913_225131.jpg
    20140913_225131.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope it is not too late to enter? Here goes.

I was ready for my first sump ever about 2 years ago. No sump available on the market had what I was looking for - a large refugium area. An area not just for the basic chaeto and poor light thrown in, but a fuge for display as well as function. My sump/fuge is the real workhorse of my system.

I set out to design my own, but little did I realize how difficult maintenance on it would be.

The height of the cabinet and the custom fuge light which is in the way have pretty much made it impossible to view or clean the return chamber which is in the back. I have had fish jump in there or pass through eggcrate to end up in there, they've jumped into the skimmer section, it has been really crazy.

I would love a custom sump for the bigger cabinet that I am getting. A sump that has the large fuge area that I need plus enough space for equipment including reactors. Dual filtrations: If it can have a built in media basket along with a filter sock. Wow. I hope this can happen.

The fuge
IMG_0012.JPG
IMG_0339.JPG

The light that is on the fuge
20130721_174607.jpg

The space I have to work on the fuge
20131106_120839.jpg

Tank move, the middle back chamber is for the return.
20131222_111748.jpg

IMG_20120706_212811.jpg

Last edited:

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sump

I built this sump out of old acrylic I had laying around. Had to sand and buff it out. I would like a sump that has a skimmer compartment, easy to access sock holder, built in probe holder, fittings to connect dosing hoses, and an area for storage water for auto water changes. Similar to what I built but with the sock holder to the outside of the tank and a skimmer compartment. Thanks, love the craftsmanship of your builds.

2012-12-19_19-14-20_858.jpg
DSC_0427.jpg
DSC_0430.jpg
DSC_0432.jpg
DSC_0434.jpg

EdansClownHouse

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20140723_142259.jpg

I set up a new tank and ran out of funds so I am using a leaky glass sump. Cross the fingers to how long it will last. lol :squigglemouth:

Blue Lip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Del Rey wet dry filter on my 135. I would love an Elite Aquatics sump because I could have better filtration. Your sump looks awesome!
20140918_085249.jpg

Reefer1978

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am building out a new tank and my current sump is not ideal. I would love an Elite Aquatics sump because it's a work of art and it will give me room for refugium section and a in-sump protein skimmer.

photo (1).jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to REEF2REEF! We're very glad you joined and hope that you will enjoy the forums, enter contest, start a tank thread, and just be a part of our family friendly community!

Start a new tank thread here: Member Tanks

Enter a FREE contest here: R2R Giveaway and Contest Forum

Thanks for joining and please make sure and post often!

19-1.gif

Stemick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is only 7 more days and a wake up till the drawing. I hope everyone gets there chance at winning an amazing sump. Share the wealth pass the word of an awesome prize from an awesome forum and company. If it's not you that wins wouldn't you like to see you friend win? I also hope who ever wins this and has a sump already pays the wealth forward to someone in need with there old sump. I know I would! Good luck to all. Can't wait to see the result. It amazing to see everyone's sump, everyone has the same end idea but never the same way to get there.

Sobo's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
uploadfromtaptalk1411473382876.jpg
I can't believe I havent entered into this yet! I'm currently in the process and redoing my tank, I sold all my livestock and corals to start from scratch. Which means, I need a new sump! My old 40g Breeder sump is just too crowded and I have no room to do anything! I was just on your website the other day looking at some of your sumps you've created and you guys do amazing work! Having this custom sump will make life so much easier for me! Already liked on FB as well :)

Derek'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20140923_013439.jpg

This is my sump it is a 20 long diy. As you can tell I dont have much room in the sump hints the skimmer being used as a hang on. I think ishould win the sump because I am going to be setting up a 180 and this 20 long jus is not gonna cut it. This would be a perfect way to get a sump for my 180. Now im gonna go like them on Facebook.

Rostasteve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my built-in sump on a Nuvo. It's far too small and I'm very limited in what I can with the tank. Hoping to install a real sump.
photo (4).jpg

rach0608

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my sump. No the water isn't that yellow the lighting makes it look that way haha. Looks gross. Anyways. I can't get a decent pic of it the way the stand is. The sump is too tall for the stand. When I had my 100 gallon that stand was much taller and this sump fit in it perfectly. Had plenty of room above it. When I upgraded to the 150 though the stand is much shorter. I can't even put a skimmer in my sump or really much of anything because I can't fit anything in between the space from the top of the sump to the bottom of my tank. The sump is now basically just an area for a heater and water to flow through. And a place to keep my few little colony corals safe from my choc chip starfish. So it'd be awesome to win a new sump!

rach0608

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well I was wondering why there was no pic on my post. I just tried to post a pic again and it says you don't have permission to do this action. I don't know why. I've posted pics in another thread...

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back