CUSTOM SUMP GIVEAWAY sponsored by Elite-Aquatics.net!

Perculap

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just what the doctor ordered! A new sump would be a dream come true!

I designed my new tank specifically around this 40 gallon acrylic sump which I got a great deal on (used). Everything was new - except the sump. 5 months into the new tank, I wake up at 12am to 5 gallons of water all over the floor! It sprung a leak!

After the leak, I had to drain the sump. My tank is only 3/4 full and not utilizing any filtration outside of the live rock! The water is only filled below the overflow line. I had to take everything offline; Skimmer, Reactors, refugium!! Noooo, my mandarin is going to starve!! help!

Sump in all it's glory when it was working..

sump front.jpg

Sump in it's current state. Empty, sad, depressed
sump_empty1.jpg

reefguy0917

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quite honestly, I do not have a sump to post. When I started this hobby 1.5 years ago, I couldn't afford a sump. I have been running a wet/dry filtration system. And as cool as it has been, I am ready for a actual sump where I can put a refugium. It would be really awesome to win this custom sump from Elite Aquatics.

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here is my hand built 40g breeder I put under my 120g. It does the job but is a bit ugly and I would be super happy with the clean look of that sump!

icelove79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. I am a new member, but not so new to aquaria. Here's a pic of my current sump out of the tank for cleaning - would be super nice to replace it with an awesome sump built by the best!

photo (2).jpg

mattr777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my current sump. I am in the process of purchasing a new 180g rimless tank, upgrading from my 90g and the sump I have won't cut it. I plan to have an exposed high end sump on the new set up and this would look awesome. Here is my current boring sump.
IMG_3904.jpg

Sacohen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMAG0227_zpsjj3ifhpy.jpg

My current sump is a DIY sump.
I'm not very good at cutting glass and I don't think it came out that well.
I would love to have a nice professionally built sump from Elite-Aquatics that you be properly sized for my new 90 gallon tank and have all the proper compartment to keep everything neat and organized.

Mattgee87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like a custom sump so that i could stop using my 20 Gallon tank as a sump. I currently have a 75 gallon reef that is the delight of my entire family. Now i'm not going to tell you some sob story to try and get you guys to pick me , I'll just say I'd love to have one of your sumps to show off to the world. I would also like to say I would keep this sump looking pretty ( as you can tell from my 3 month old sump :) ) and would never resale it. As a machinist I know what kind of work goes into one of these custom sumps.

Krink912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
custom sump giveaway entry

I love the way there custom sumps look and I could really use a new sump my homemade one just isn't cutting it anymore

Attachments

• 2014-09-30-12-24-55.jpg
    2014-09-30-12-24-55.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 221

60squared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
protein skimmer.jpg

The biggest reason I would want a custom sump by Elite Aquatics Is because of the Clean functional look they present with very durable quality I stumbled across one at a LFS and was very impressed :).

Last edited:

rotterm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sump is seriously a piece of art!
Thx.
The picture was taken before I have started.
10 weeks ago.
I have yet another Skimmer,
Mini BK 200 whit Speedy RD.
Next week coming my new Dastaco Calcium Reactor .
I will start a Tread whit my Tank in forum.

xDukex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently trying to build my first sump! All these people and there amazing looking sumps and I'm here with this mess! It would be so much easier to have a real sump. I would definitely be able to use it right away. I'm setting up my first saltwater/reef tank and can't wait to get it going! Just need a little extra time to get everything put together. Thanks for reading!

1412102287377.jpg

lwolf75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1412104963347.jpg

Its to small and i paid way to much for it. It can barley hold what i need to put in it and the refugium is tiny tiny

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 45 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back