OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is finished being painted. I will not glaze the stand until the tank is up and running because the glaze requires 30 days to cure before it can be washed. I know I can not do a transfer of the old tank into the new with dripping saltwater all over it.

The transfer will take place Friday night and Saturday if need be. Today I puttied coral to rock in preparation for a glass bottom. I will miss covering bases up with sand and sticking coral down into sand.

I ordered a new tunze 6045 powerhead to replace all the rios. With the adjustable flow I should be able to dial it in so that it and my return pump will be all the flow I will need.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love your build threads, Dawn. Following this one as well!

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely thread!

Don't ever go for OR pintos. You are not guaranteed "pinto colors", just pinto genes. They can totally look normal on the outside.

I get my horses from Seahorse Source.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love your build threads, Dawn. Following this one as well!
Thank you very much for such a kind comment. In a way this is just a continuation of the last seahorse build only bigger and without sand.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the move Dawn. Let me know if you need any help.
JAIME!!! You are on R2R. Thank you for offering to help. If I get in over my head I may take you up on that. This will be my 3rd tank transfer because I had an electrician wire a dedicated circuit in 2007 so I always have to take my tanks down and put the new one up at the same time.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely thread!

Don't ever go for OR pintos. You are not guaranteed "pinto colors", just pinto genes. They can totally look normal on the outside.

Thanks Renee, no I would never buy any Seahorse based on I color since I know they can change. My plan is to drive to PEA and pick them up and then drive home. That will be easier on the ponies than shipping. I have heard Seahorse Source is the best though.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely thread!

I have been thinking more seriously about getting seahorses now that my tank is up and running and I have changed my mind and decided to get them from Dan at Seahorse Source. He has been helpful to me more than once and I was not even a customer.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't even explain to you how nice he is. He is honestly an exceptionable human being.

You're painting the back with your own art? Oh my... that will be epic.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't even explain to you how nice he is. He is honestly an exceptionable human being.

You're painting the back with your own art? Oh my... that will be epic.

That is the kind of person that I want to support his buisness.

And yes, I actually painted on the back glass with fear and trembling. 30 years ago I graduated from the Art Institute of Pgh and I had some training using an airbrush, (although I wasn't a wizard with it). In fact I still have my airbrush somewhere, (probably in the attic). I just bought 4 colors of aerosol paint and cut stencils from poster board and used the same technique as airbrush. It turned out pretty good and I got the effect that I was going for. I like how in the above photo it looks like Adam is looking down on Eve, kind of watching out for her.

shornik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Nice I imagine the light background will bring out the color of the ponies too, and +1 on Dan/Abbie from seahorsesource.org - they have been great with any question I've ever had.

OP
OP
vlangel

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Nice I imagine the light background will bring out the color of the ponies too, and +1 on Dan/Abbie from seahorsesource.org - they have been great with any question I've ever had.
I intentionally went with a light backround this time to encourage light colored seahorses.

I have never ever read anyone who was disappointed with Seahorse Source so that says something.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back