December 2015 Reef Spotlight

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats @Diesel for being December 2015's Reef Spotlight!!

Reef-Spotlight-600x277.jpg

Click here for the full article!!

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to all!
This Spotlight was my Christmas present for this year as I'm not much demanding at all, more like a giver as I did today.
The Secret Diesel Santa touring Houston.

Have been running/driving around like Jagger to do my every year returning Secret Diesel Santa route
santa%20sled-L.jpg

The Secret Diesel Santa had to go to NASA early in the morning for a quick meeting and at the same time I arranged a faster sled for the day but before that I made 3 cars behind me happy in the Starbuck drive through "Pay it forward" no Phone# exchange this time,:p

From NASA to my guys who've been a large project in Humble to give them their Christmas bonus.
One of my stops was Camp Hope to drop off their yearly donation, God Bless the Men and Women who gave us the Freedom to do what we can do today and have a peaceful Merry Christmas tomorrow, time to pay some back to them Camp Hope - PTSD, Combat Stress and TBI are real wounds of war..
FJW (LFS)was one of my stops too but there was nobody in the store that I could make happy other than Felix, I hope you enjoy your Diesel coral box.
I got my self a 4" matured Pacific Redstripe Hogfish, I promised Dennis that I will call him "Birdman"
hogfish.jpg

Thank you Dennis, and I'll see you Saturday.
Back on the road I stopped at the local Animal rescue and dropped off a bunch of dog food and sheets/blankets for when it gets cold, again I say for when it gets cold as we had a record breaking temp today in H-town of 84.
Finally I made it home on time to give Jameson (Local member) and his son the Diesel tour and his Orphek Flash light which he won in the Diesel Christmas Contest and the MP40 wet-side hope it works out and a Very Merry Christmas.
The day is still young so what will be next??

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Birdman is niiiiiiiiice! I see you chose one of my suggestions for the new guy. I was seriously considering one but someone (credible) told me they can get aggressive. I don't think that would work out for the overstocked 40.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Birdman is niiiiiiiiice! I see you chose one of my suggestions for the new guy. I was seriously considering one but someone (credible) told me they can get aggressive. I don't think that would work out for the overstocked 40.

Not sure if he will be the new fish in the Diesel tank but he will be kept in QT for a while.

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Krista and thank you R2R for giving me this opportunity.
You have a beautiful tank, I'm trying to get there. I don't have T-5's, LEDS, but it seems that's the big difference in my set up.
Just added a orange sponge and a green leopard sponge to my local tank.
image.jpeg

ltrace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. I fairly new to this hobby. What are the names of the fish you have picture in your article?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back