December 2015 Reef Spotlight

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank. I fairly new to this hobby. What are the names of the fish you have picture in your article?

Thank you!

SPS Junky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Diesel,

I just found this while looking through SPS threads as always.:) I realize the photos I just saw are from a while back, but kudos to your beautiful and well thought out SPS system! It's gorgeous. I'm not fully mechanized in terms of dosers and all the digital gadgets, but I surely do understand the convenience of using them. I'm from the old school and can't quite get myself to add an automatic dosing system just yet. Perhaps one day. That said, my custom rimless is coming along after a couple challenges from a flooring disaster where pounds of tile dust and grout dust ended up penetrating my system while we were gone and the flooring guys used a wet vac with no filter and covered everything in our household in an inch deep blanket. After battling water quality for a period of time my SPS are finally coming around and growing nicely again. One thing I've learned about reefing over the years is patience truly is a virtue and also a necessity. Back to the reason I'm checking in with you and that's to say you're a gift to all you come in contact with in the reef hobby. You're generous with your time and clearly your life in general. All the best to you!

Centerline

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Man, how far off the water is your light? And is there really only one cord on it? And do you have an idea how long the cord is? Hate to bug you but I'm prepping a wall in our new office for a Reefer 750 that will have one of these puppies (ATI 8x80W Hybrid WIFI Powermodule ) over it. I intend to fabricate some custom low profile brackets (hinged at that) and get them installed before the sheetrock goes up so it will be a permanent height. The light appears to be a par monster so - don't want to get it to close to the water! I did this for my current reefer 525 and think it looks pretty swanky (still need to hide the cords). Thank!
IMG_20180111_190708.jpg

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back