DESKMATE Q&A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ESHOPPS.INC

Little bit concerned with my return pump as it’s gotten considerably weaker over the past couple of days and subsequently the water level has been dropping in the display and my salinity has swung like crazy with my ATO. I ordered a Sicce micra plus to replace this last night with a little bit more power and will arrive Wednesday but after checking the existing pump this morning, it’s clearly about to die completely today. I ordered an emergency Sicce Micra 90gph from Petco same day delivery so I can install as soon as I am home from work later as it was the only option between now and wednesday.

This tank has only been set up barely a month! Photo with the light on is from weeks ago, and the photo without the light on is from this morning showing the drastic change in water level and movement.

Hoping it doesn’t completely clunk out while I’m at work.
Hello, if your Deskmate pump is within warranty period, contact our customer service to send you a replacement. :)

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @ESHOPPS.INC, I need to place some carbon/charcoal somewhere in my tank, but am having a hard time figuring out where it would be best. I am fighting off some dinos, and these release some toxins. Where do you think placement would be best for some chemipure?

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @ESHOPPS.INC, I need to place some carbon/charcoal somewhere in my tank, but am having a hard time figuring out where it would be best. I am fighting off some dinos, and these release some toxins. Where do you think placement would be best for some chemipure?
Hello, sorry for the late response. I usually place mine under the filtersock chamber. Take note, make sure you do not put too much as the Deskmate is a very small tank. Also, now I place my carbon inside the new Biocup Nano. Its a filter media cup we just released.

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, sorry for the late response. I usually place mine under the filtersock chamber. Take note, make sure you do not put too much as the Deskmate is a very small tank. Also, now I place my carbon inside the new Biocup Nano. Its a filter media cup we just released.
No worries. I have a small pouch of the stuff. Thoughts on having it in front of the filter sock and behind the grate?

jules_M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a deskmate 4.8 gal.... I see pictures, and some people's light is white, but mine is only blue??? How do I make the light white?

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No worries. I have a small pouch of the stuff. Thoughts on having it in front of the filter sock and behind the grate?
That should be ok. Anywhere in the filter sock chamber would work great. But do check out our new Biocup Nano. It is an awesome solution.

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That should be ok. Anywhere in the filter sock chamber would work great. But do check out our new Biocup Nano. It is an awesome solution.
As already asked in another thread, linking to online stores where this is currently available since this is not sold direct would be helpful.

drblank1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @ESHOPPS.INC I won the deskmate from BRS. With the pump, there is a small fitting I can't figure out what its purpose is. What is this for?
Fitting.jpg

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @ESHOPPS.INC I won the deskmate from BRS. With the pump, there is a small fitting I can't figure out what its purpose is. What is this for?
Fitting.jpg
I'm pretty sure that's if you have a smaller pipe for the return pump (I was actually just doing some tidying up of my fish equipment and saw that I have that EXACT piece in the box with the user manual (so if you got it up and running, you're not "forgetting" something!)

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure that's if you have a smaller pipe for the return pump (I was actually just doing some tidying up of my fish equipment and saw that I have that EXACT piece in the box with the user manual (so if you got it up and running, you're not "forgetting" something!)
Don't worry about that fitting. It came with the pump as an adapter for other size tubing.

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As already asked in another thread, linking to online stores where this is currently available since this is not sold direct would be helpful.
Should be available in most stores as we move forward. Since we have been shipping them out to distributors. Appreciate your patience.

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a deskmate 4.8 gal.... I see pictures, and some people's light is white, but mine is only blue??? How do I make the light white?
Our apologies. Since the demand for blue light has been so much more than the white, we decided to go with Blue lights. I'm sorry, the lights cannot adjust colors.

testuser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be available in most stores as we move forward. Since we have been shipping them out to distributors. Appreciate your patience.
Could you name at least one store? This sounds like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Who's to say that it will be at my local fish store?

jeffreefer85

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to get a filter media tray in my new Deskmate. I heard this tray won’t slide under the orange baffle in the back between the middle and filter sock compartment. Can you confirm it does fit or offer an alternative?

ESHOPPS MANUFACTURER OF AQUARIUM FILTRATIONS Deskmate Shelf - Filter Media Tray https://a.co/d/aA4hMBy

drblank1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ESHOPPS.INC

I setup the deskmate and love it. Have it fishless cycling at the moment. Been running for about 3 week but the pump rattles. I readjusted it to make sure it doesn't hit the sides of the chamber but no luck. Any suggestions?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 73 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back