DESKMATE Q&A

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is pretty odd. As we have never had this issue before. I would love to send you some filter socks to use but we are currently out.

What return pump are you using. The pump that came with it should not cause this issue as it was tested to work even with max flow with no problem.

Take note, the filter cup used is not from us so we couldn't tell you if that filter cup is high flow and tested for use with the pump and the Deskmate from us. We will be releasing a new BIO CUP NANO that we tested for high flow. Meaning it will be able to support the flow coming from the return pump.

For the filter cup I would suggest not putting too much or too thick filter floss, make it as loose as possible so water can flow through without problems and still catch detritus.

The Back chambers of the Deskmate is designed not to overflow out of the tank and have water just overflow to the next chamber. So that should be one less thing to worry about.

Once we get the Nano Filter socks in we can send you some. Just email me sometime next month that's when we will get them. Here is my email [email protected]

Hope this helps. Thank you!!!
Has this nano cup been developed yet? I have the same issue- I use the Sicce Nano pump (100gph) and the kraken reef cup. It works fine for about 2-3 days then starts to clog up which triggers my ATO prematurely. Going to try lossening the floss a bit

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has this nano cup been developed yet? I have the same issue- I use the Sicce Nano pump (100gph) and the kraken reef cup. It works fine for about 2-3 days then starts to clog up which triggers my ATO prematurely. Going to try lossening the floss a bit

We delayed release since the ring on the top is 1mm off and needed to redo to fit inside the filter sock holders. Our apologies.

On another note, yes, lossen the filter floss a bit. That will help a lot.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a deskmate 4.8 gal.... I see pictures, and some people's light is white, but mine is only blue??? How do I make the light white?
It would be nice to have a discounted option without a light.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We released the Bio Cup Nano which works with the newer DESKMATES. Works like a filter media cup, you simply insert it from the top like filter socks.
Thank you, I hadn't realized it was released. I will definitely use this for my build, as soon as I decide which deskmate I'm going to start with. They're all so cool it's a hard decision! Does the cup work with the updated 4.8 gallon?

Last edited:
OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I hadn't realized it was released. I will definitely use this for my build, as soon as I decide which deskmate I'm going to start with. They're all so cool it's a hard decision! Does the cup work with the updated 4.8 gallon?
Haha! Yea, that's why i have 3 in my office. :) Yes, the Biocup Nano can be used on all 3 Deskmates including the new version of the Classic.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I missed this somewhere. What is the max gph the overflow in the Florida will handle?

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the largest return pump size anyone has fit in their deskmate (GPH)? Just ordered the sicce micro plus but didn't know if anyone else was using anything different that's stronger than I can dial back (amazon has thousands of offmarket ones). I know the rear chamber dimensions but didn't know if anyone knew the biggest pump off the top of their head

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the largest return pump size anyone has fit in their deskmate (GPH)? Just ordered the sicce micro plus but didn't know if anyone else was using anything different that's stronger than I can dial back (amazon has thousands of offmarket ones). I know the rear chamber dimensions but didn't know if anyone knew the biggest pump off the top of their head
I would love to know the max GPH it can handle as well. I also ordered a micra + for mine, but I haven't built yet and was thinking about an AI AXIS. I'm trying to avoid using my MP10 because I'm not sure where I can place it that it won't look awkward on the outside.

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ESHOPPS.INC

I pulled my Florida out of the box today to begin it's setup, and when examining it, I noticed that there are a lot of bubbles in the seam work where the bottom and side panels join. Is this normal? I've had acrylic aquariums before that have no bubbles in the seams and I am worried this aquarium will leak. Attaching pictures. Just trying to see if this is normal, or if I should exchange it.
IMG_7394.jpg

Thanks!

OP
OP
ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS.INC

ESHOPPS REP
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ESHOPPS.INC

I pulled my Florida out of the box today to begin it's setup, and when examining it, I noticed that there are a lot of bubbles in the seam work where the bottom and side panels join. Is this normal? I've had acrylic aquariums before that have no bubbles in the seams and I am worried this aquarium will leak. Attaching pictures. Just trying to see if this is normal, or if I should exchange it.
IMG_7394.jpg

Thanks!
Hello Aqualogic,

Those bubbles seem to be superficial. Can you do a leak test? If you're not happy with it, contact our customer service team and we will gladly assist you with your issues. Here is our number 626-968-3678. M-F 8-5PM

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Aqualogic,

Those bubbles seem to be superficial. Can you do a leak test? If you're not happy with it, contact our customer service team and we will gladly assist you with your issues. Here is our number 626-968-3678. M-F 8-5PM
Thank you. BRS is sending me another one, I will contact you if these one is bubbly as well!

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what the thickness of the acrylic is? I'm sorry if I missed it somewhere, but I don't see it listed. I just want to know if I need to use my MP10 spacer or not. Thanks!

MattR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I was having issues with the filter sock and it was really restricting flow I DIY this filter guard while I wait for my kraken filter cup to come. All I did was take a takeout container lid (LDPE plastic) cut it so it fits loose in the return chamber take a hole puncher and drill bit and drilled alot of holes in it. Filter floss on top. Seems to be working much better than the sock!

Attachments

• tempImageeFCO0R.png
    tempImageeFCO0R.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • tempImageODjMAe.png
    tempImageODjMAe.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • tempImageJKkbZH.png
    tempImageJKkbZH.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • tempImageED9TEL.png
    tempImageED9TEL.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 20

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 81 77.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back