Do Gold X Lightning Clown Fish Actually Turn Yellow?

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed a small (>2mm) spot on a female Clown that looked discoloured a month or so ago. Now the spot is much larger (~10mm) and visibly very yellow in person. Fish is around two years old and behavior is very typical. I’ve seen lots of Gold X Maroons but none were actually ever yellow. Including a photo but it’s a little janky. Is this maturation or something else?
IMG_3694.jpeg

charliethetuna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed a small (>2mm) spot on a female Clown that looked discoloured a month or so ago. Now the spot is much larger (~10mm) and visibly very yellow in person. Fish is around two years old and behavior is very typical. I’ve seen lots of Gold X Maroons but none were actually ever yellow. Including a photo but it’s a little janky. Is this maturation or something else?
IMG_3694.jpeg
I have been eyeing getting a gold lighting marron to pair up with my gold stripe ,but i have yet to find a picture of the gold lighting actually gold colored .i belive it doesnt exisits .,they say after 1.5 years the yellow will co.e out

OP
OP
The_Paradox

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been eyeing getting a gold lighting marron to pair up with my gold stripe ,but i have yet to find a picture of the gold lighting actually gold colored .i belive it doesnt exisits .,they say after 1.5 years the yellow will co.e out
That’s been my take, that Gold Lightnings just have different pattern but stay white. This fish has three yellow spots that are growing on each side that are symmetrically mirrored. If not for the symmetry I would chalk it up to stings. :thinking-face:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My gold lighting maroons turned a light shade of yellowish gold. Not as deep as the yellow on my gold stripes but more of a yellow hue, definatly not plain white. It's been years since I've had them so sorry I can't find any images.

EDIT : mine were just barely a shade darker than what is circled
IMG_3694~2.jpeg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.3%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back