Does Anyone Know ...

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
trying to find a store where I can purchase aquaclear 70. If anyone knows of stores that carry them!! Thanks

nemo1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petsmart should as they have all freshwater. Petco is hit or miss around here. Check petsmart first. That's where I found my aquaclear 70 and 110.

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petsmart should as they have all freshwater. Petco is hit or miss around here. Check petsmart first. That's where I found my aquaclear 70 and 110.
Didnt realize the aquaclear was as big as it is!!! What powerhead/wavemaker would you use for a small 20g tank- hydor , jebao etc?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jebao RW/PP-4. They use ceramic needles and are better fit compared to hydors metal wheel.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will look it up! Looking for 400-500gph model.
RW/PP-4 is controllable with a controller. Usually $50 + free shipping. You have a 20 long(?) and will be perfect for that tank. Plus you can change it to a intermittent wave.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AC 70 does seem big. Once it's all working and you (maybe) get the inTank media basket, you'll have forgotten the size.

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RW/PP-4 is controllable with a controller. Usually $50 + free shipping. You have a 20 long(?) and will be perfect for that tank. Plus you can change it to a intermittent wave.
It is a 20 long. Was a spare tank used at QT, gonna use it to start up again. And I will be getting the Intank media basket , while on the subject of the media basket. What do you recommend going in the media basket, I was debating maybe some seachem matrix in a media bag , and not sure what else. Filter floss/wool?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a 20 long. Was a spare tank used at QT, gonna use it to start up again. And I will be getting the Intank media basket , while on the subject of the media basket. What do you recommend going in the media basket, I was debating maybe some seachem matrix in a media bag , and not sure what else. Filter floss/wool?
For starters I would do just Matrix and Filter floss. Or even just cut up the existing sponge. Or both floss and sponge. I don't recommend carbon or or any other chemical filtration till after the cycle has completed and corals are present.

nemo1017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had hydor koralias...they are garbage. I actually broke mine bc it kept rattling, and I had another that just burned out on me. now I have a jebao rw8. Had it for a year or so. Love it. Also I turned the aquaclear 110 into a refugium. Youtube the video to do it. Super easy.

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For starters I would do just Matrix and Filter floss. Or even just cut up the existing sponge. Or both floss and sponge. I don't recommend carbon or or any other chemical filtration till after the cycle has completed and corals are present.
May just use the sponge that comes with the filter and the seachem. I've seen people doing little mini refugium on top of the media basket. Pretty cool. When I look up the jebao, it comes up with RW , pp4, then RW/pp4. All the same model just labeled differently ? Found in Amazon and eBay.

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May just use the sponge that comes with the filter and the seachem. I've seen people doing little mini refugium on top of the media basket. Pretty cool. When I look up the jebao, it comes up with RW , pp4, then RW/pp4. All the same model just labeled differently ? Found in Amazon and eBay.
Just want to be sure to buy right model.

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PP-4 is the "updated" version of the RW. I have both and the only difference I can tell, is the magnet is smaller or more flush looking compared to RW. Both perform the same.

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PP-4 is the "updated" version of the RW. I have both and the only difference I can tell, is the magnet is smaller or more flush looking compared to RW. Both perform the same.
Got it. Was just being sure because when it comes up seems to be 5 different models with the same image. All same price range .

OP
OP
Ryan Rioux

Ryan Rioux

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had hydor koralias...they are garbage. I actually broke mine bc it kept rattling, and I had another that just burned out on me. now I have a jebao rw8. Had it for a year or so. Love it. Also I turned the aquaclear 110 into a refugium. Youtube the video to do it. Super easy.
You didn't have 2 aquaclear filters on one tank, did you?

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to confuse you more, but they make a WIFI controller for this pump also. Called the Aqualink S1. Sold at Fish Street. Cost is more but you get more control. Not sure if you want to dive into that just yet? I have one and love it. I plan on getting a second one for a second pump to mimic ocean tides. Just another option. Great pumps though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back