Does community even exist anymore?

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats what copperbands cost here
That store that I listed the price list would be up your alley @Paul B. Its small, to the point and isnt flashy @ all. Couple of coral tanks and one wall of saltwater only fish.

I have another store I frequent that would be considered a craphole by most, but I do my livestock trades and the junkpile of used stuff galore houses some serious gems. This place stocks more used tanks than new. From reading some of your posts, it would also be up your alley.

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a recession in this hobby right now. 2 of the LFS I frequent have cut down their marine department. 1 shut down 6-7 of their larger holding tanks and have severely reduced the number of animals they're ordering in. The other has about 10 of their display tanks (still running) posted for sale as well. The number of aquariums put up for sale by private sellers have exploded too in the last month or 2.

MarsReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can find some really good deals if you are willing to wait and browse like 100 different sites. I find my LFS has some really good deals here and there, but some stuff just seems silly to me.

My LFS got in some Masters Torch variant 2 years ago and had it for sale for $800. No one bought it. Its been sitting in their tank growing bigger and bigger. They fragged it over and over, and now they have over 30 of these things. They only dropped the price to $600. Another year and the entire store will be $500 torches that no one is going to buy. I'll think about it at $200 since it does look pretty nice, but it isn't that much better than the $80 torch they sold me without a name.

Gill the 3rd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a recession in this hobby right now. 2 of the LFS I frequent have cut down their marine department. 1 shut down 6-7 of their larger holding tanks and have severely reduced the number of animals they're ordering in. The other has about 10 of their display tanks (still running) posted for sale as well. The number of aquariums put up for sale by private sellers have exploded too in the last month or 2.
Yea I’m seeing a lot of the same thing at the lfs in my area. I look at Facebook marketplace often and I’m always seeing entire systems up for sale that are only a couple years old.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back