Does your tang do anything uniquely weird?

onlyreefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the tangs I’ve had before, they were mostly reactive.. They would just swim around and react to food when it arrived, somewhat nervous. Not much of a personality to me.

However, my new tang has such a unique (to me) personality, she wants to know everything that’s going on. If I stick my face to a corner of the tank she will swim right up to my face and practically look me in the eyes and linger for a bit.. like “Hey friend, watcha doin’ look at me I’m right here” type of look. She’ll follow me everywhere around the tank.

She is also sort of ditsy, and goofy, not very coordinated when it comes to food. We named her Nelly (Nosy Nelly). She is a gem tang, and I believe she knows it. Very relaxed and leisure-like swimmer.

What is/are your tang(s) like?..

IMG_5975.jpeg

Last edited:

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish! I have a Purple and a Bristletooth Tomini tang. They are both very active. The Purple owns the tank and patrols every inch. The Bristletooth is all about picking at the rocks and sand, it's a work horse.

IMG_20240428_184616.jpg

OP
OP
O

onlyreefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish! I have a Purple and a Bristletooth Tomini tang. They are both very active. The Purple owns the tank and patrols every inch. The Bristletooth is all about picking at the rocks and sand, it's a work horse.

IMG_20240428_184616.jpg

Awesome!!! Love the tank! Some nice fish and corals ;)

OP
OP
O

onlyreefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hippo tang likes to pick up my hermit crabs and pop them out of the water and drop them all over the tank. It’s hilarious.
Ohh my… that’s something worth paying money to see lol That’s hilarious!

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back