Dr. Foster and Smith warehouse and website closure.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who would be interested in DD/LA? I am not sure a BRS or Marine Depot would want to take on something with that much risk. Maybe a BlueZooAquatics merger or a WWC expansion. A lot of these companies had a good Christmas I bet, so maybe someone is thinking about it.

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So who would be interested in DD/LA? I am not sure a BRS or Marine Depot would want to take on something with that much risk. Maybe a BlueZooAquatics merger or a WWC expansion. A lot of these companies had a good Christmas I bet, so maybe someone is thinking about it.
Marine depot use to have Marine depot live.

Onevikesfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disappointing to say the least, 1 run 2 community freshwater tanks and have always bought everything needed from them

furyofthegnomes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad Petco never did well in my town. They opened up a handful of stores quite a while ago but they were significantly more expensive than any of stores, local and chain, and ended up closing all but one location.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would actually be a little of afraid of buying certain things from them if they are being shut down.
Some of the stuff might be handled by the manufacturer but it is so much easier to return something if it does not work.
Returns might be tough if employees knew and are leaving for other jobs. They might be very happy at this point and not want to help. Also they may not want to deal with stuff if they are going to have no job.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happens more than you think. Happens all the time in the electrical supply business. Any one remember what happened to the best Aquarium building company ever, Oceanic Aquariums in Dallas?

Foothill Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Petco ran the largest online pet company into the ground in only three years. This sucks for all those people loosing their jobs. It would be nice to see someone like Chewy step in and save this location and employees.

I'll never shop at Petco again!

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Petco ran the largest online pet company into the ground in only three years. This sucks for all those people loosing their jobs. It would be nice to see someone like Chewy step in and save this location and employees.

They probably was their intent when they bought them originally.
They probably bought them to remove a competitor and/or strengthen their offerings.

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my own 2 cents here. The DFS website blocks anyone outside of the US (like me) to even read their articles. Even if you weren't trying to buy anything. We can't even see the site. Which always infuriated me.

Lor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my own 2 cents here. The DFS website blocks anyone outside of the US (like me) to even read their articles. Even if you weren't trying to buy anything. We can't even see the site. Which always infuriated me.

Part if it might be IT security policy. If they dont do business with that country then there "might" be no reason for folks in that country to be able to access the products they sell. Like you said, Unfortantely this blocks others from reading articles that could be helpful.

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Chewy is owned by PetSmart [emoji848]

ReefWithCare

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think this is them focusing on upbranding everything to PetCoach. LA is still a source for Petco aquatic livestock and 100% aquaculture plan so I don’t feel that will go anywhere soon.

Seawitch

Water, water everywhere,
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part if it might be IT security policy. If they don't do business with that country then there "might" be no reason for folks in that country to be able to access the products they sell. Like you said, Unfortunately this blocks others from reading articles that could be helpful.

Well, whatever the reason for it was, I'd say it was poor business practice. I often buy stuff in the states, have it shipped to a friend in Bellingham, WA, then either go down and get it or have a friend bring it over the border for me and mail it to me on the Canadian side.

It was a fairly new change too, because a year or two ago, I could access their website, no problem. I also look at lots of websites for research and checking prices, just for articles, and I link to what I'm talking about. So, in my particular case, it would have been beneficial for them to let me read articles and look at products. Definitely doesn't matter now.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 123 81.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back