• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Dr reef experience.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to write my experience and my friend experience with dr reef. Bought 2 frostbite frozen clownfish from him. Ever since i got the fish from him the fish not acting normal, they didnt eat for 4-5 weeks. Stressed out, not normal for clowns. Now after 4-5 weeks they started eating, but they are scratching, one is heavy breathing not active, and not eating its pellets

Keep in mind everyday I updated him and he kept telling me the fish is normal, and fish can go without food for a while i said okay. Keep in mind i had another order that was coming tomorrow from tomini tang, royal gamma, and midas blenny. Today i asked him about prazi pro. And he canceled my order said hes not comfortable sending me more fish because he dont know the issue is with my tank. Keep in mind i kept testing my ammonia, PH, and nitrite and sending him the results that i have 0 while the fish is acting stressed. One clown is healthy, scratching on sand though but he eats, but the other clowns is heavy breathing.

He told me to add prazi pro a week ago because iv seen white poop + scratching. And today they got worse so i ordered a bottle. As soon as i asked him today about it. He canceled my big order that i was waiting for a month. What a terrible unprofessional experience. My friend also bought 2 clowns from him and they are not even moving or eating. He blames my tank for it.

This is going to be the last time i deal with his business especially after he canceled my order today. Keep in mind my tank is 200G running by 2 mp40s and closed loop UV i have 3 places i get flow from. I have hanna all in one marine kit. So my phosphate and nitrate reading are accurate
My water parameters are the following.

PH 8.1
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 6
Phosphate: 0.06
Temp is 78F. ( 3 ways to check temp)

He didnt even offer me credit for the prazi pro i paid for today and he canceled my order. Ima attach a pic for my tank to show everybody that i am not abusing the fish. Keep in mind my corals doing fanstastic. And theres nothing else going on the other clown eating and being active. But some how its fault i get my order canceled because i got sent fish with flukes. I get it stuff like that happens u cant control flukes. But asking him if i can use prazi pro and if its safe and get my big order canceled? Is this acceptable? Iv been with 2 clowns whole 2 months and need more fish, and was gonna deal parasites.

IMG_6009.jpeg

Last edited:

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We shipped you after showing you video of the clowns and got your approval before shipping.
we shipped you these fish over a month ago and after that long we have no control over what happens in your tank.
You told us yesterday that you had issues in your tank and I do not feel comfortable sending you more fish to get infected or to die. Told you in the email that its not wise for you to add more fish to a tank with undiagnosed infection.
Thats why we cancelled and refunded your order and also refunded you the clowns you have had for 2 months
So we didnt even keep 1 penny of your money.
I still stronngly advise you to do a lot of research before you waste your money into livestock. Rid the problem in your tank that you may have and then add fish like. Will post the email to prove we mentioned the reasons stated above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We shipped you after showing you video of the clowns and got your approval before shipping.
we shippe dyou these fish 2 months ago and after 2 month we have no control over what happens in your tank.
You told us yesterday that you had issues in your tank and I do not fell like sending you more fish to get infected or die. Told you in the email that its not wise for you to add more fish to a tank with some infection.
Thats why we cancell and refunded you order and also refunde you the clows you have had for 2 months
So we didnt even keep 1cent of your money.
I still stronngly adives to do a lot of research before you waste your money into livestock. Rid the problem in your tank that you may have and then add fish like i said in the email;. Will post the email in case you forgot that we mentione the reasons stated above.
What issues in my tank? Dude what issues? Beside the fluke and parasites i got from the fish? I dont get it? U keep saying issues? Didnt the clowns had issues from day 1 not eating? And not swimming actively didnt i notify you of that? Every day? Since i got them? I never sent you an email yesterday saying i have issues in my tank. Also the only issue i have is not my tank is the fish that have flukes on them. What did i ask differently today? Isnt it the same issue?

IMG_6074.jpeg

Last edited:

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We refunded all your orders,

1. Clowns from over a month

ago which you were not happy with even though we sent you video of the clowns prior to shipping and got your approval.

2. Its not wise to send you qted fish when you are reporting scratching or flukes in your tank.
I cant ship you good fish in my right mind.

3. If you read the email properly I told you once your tank is clean we will happily send you your fish.

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-29 at 15.28.48_b00e0584.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-29 at 14.54.13_3bfbefe2.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-29 at 14.54.43_f225506e.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-29 at 14.55.08_4b1fa084.jpg

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over a month later i am not sure what your tank has. you reported scratching so i sent you instructions on maybe flukes and how to rid them if any. and you still insist that i should send you more fish in a tank we have no positive id on disease.
Come on man. stop wasting your money,

You are mad because I refunded you your money and stopped you from possibility infecting more fish if not killing them. You should be mad because i saved you $400 as well.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Over a month later i am not sure what your tank has. you reported scratching so i sent you instructions on maybe flukes and how to rid them if any. and you still insist that i should send you more fish in a tank we have no positive id on disease.
Come on man. stop wasting your money,

You are mad because I refunded you your money and stopped you from possibility infecting more fish if not killing them.
Im not mad because of that im mad because everything happening with me while im trying to do the right thing. If i was mad i wouldnt put another order from you, and recommend my friend to buy fish from you. Im not a hater i apologize for sounding rough. But i was excited to get my fish tomorrow. Its just everything happening to me is like a curse. I cant enjoy nothing in this life. Even when im on top of my stuff. So my apologies for sounding rough. Im just new to the hobby. And scared to use prazi pro killing my corals. I understand flukes and stuff like that happens. My apologies again.

U know how like when u wait a month on fish, and u think your clowns are eating, and fine and then u get hit out of no where with parasites its tough dude. My tank has no fish brother beside the clowns, and corals. I didnt add any fish from somewhere else or anything

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not mad because of that im mad because everything happening with me while im trying to do the right thing. If i was mad i wouldnt put another order from you, and recommend my friend to buy fish from you. Im not a hater i apologize for sounding rough. But i was excited to get my fish tomorrow. Its just everything happening to me is like a curse. I cant enjoy nothing in this life. Even when im on top of my stuff. So my apologies for sounding rough. Im just new to the hobby. And scared to use prazi pro killing my corals. I understand flukes and stuff like that happens. My apologies again.

U know how like when u wait a month on fish, and u think your clowns are eating, and fine and then u get hit out of no where with parasites its tough dude.
I am shipping your order at no cost to you but please dont come back telling me they got infected as i have warned you.
You received 1 pair of clownsfih frostbite bonded pair and also royal gramma and tomini and midas for free and I mean free so i cant make you any more happier than that. If they get infected in your tank i am not responsible anymore. I warned you to not add more fish. they will likely get infected too. so please treat your tank and enjoy your new fish.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U know how like when u wait a month on fish, and u think your clowns are eating, and fine and then u get hit out of no where with parasites its tough dude.
I understand its tough thats why i didnt charge you anything. I refunded every penny back to you. If i didnt understand I could have told you like many other companies do, 2 months later i am not responsible and could have left you hanging. but i didnt because i do care for your money and for the fish.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand its tough thats why i didnt charge you anything. I refunded every penny back to you. If i didnt understand I could have told you like many other companies do, 2 months later i am not responsible and could have left you hanging. but i didnt because i do care for your money and for the fish.
My apologies sir i was mad, and as a new reefer i was just worried. U dont have to ship the new fish. I dont want you to lose money them. I can come back later for them and pay. My apologies for anyone reading this thread.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies sir i was mad, and as a new reefer i was just worried. U dont have to ship the new fish. I dont want you to lose money them. I can come back later for them and pay. My apologies for anyone reading this thread.
No problem, They are on the way, please dose prazipro your tank to rid the flukes. if it ends up being somethime else i will arrange you to ship the fish to me.

Last edited:
Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back