OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a FTS... Still a little cloudy but it is cleaning up.... I am doing the raw shrimp method for cycling along with microbacter7

u4anatu3.jpg
3utemybu.jpg

socal619

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice kev, my girl got me a 85mm macro I'll take some pics for you when I get it, gonna need practice anyway lol

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I see a picture of the light hangers and how they work?

The light hangers are from Cad Lights. To be honest, I am not too impressed with them. Horrible customer service and being that they are about 125 miles away I should have received them in 1-2 days. Instead it took over a week and to top it all off it was missing most of the hardware....A quick run to Home Depot took care of that. I will never purchase anything from them again... I was very disappointed that I wasted $130 on these. If I would have known I would just have used the Aquatic Life hanging fixture that I am used to, it is much easier to work with and install.

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Maggie Muffler is a wonderful little invention. The tank had a durso standpipe that was loud and causing a flushing effect due to the standpipe being 1 1/4 and the bulkhead being 3/4". I went to home depot and picked up an adapter for the 1 1/2" Maggie Muffler and now the drain doesn't make a sound.... Awesome

kingator

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Maggie Muffler is a wonderful little invention. The tank had a durso standpipe that was loud and causing a flushing effect due to the standpipe being 1 1/4 and the bulkhead being 3/4". I went to home depot and picked up an adapter for the 1 1/2" Maggie Muffler and now the drain doesn't make a sound.... Awesome
im having thats same issue ....im going to look into that

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh... The raw shrimp smell so bad...lol... It was like a punch in the face when we walked in the house

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still having a issue with the sound but I think I found the fix.... The Maggie muffler helped but after a couple of days past I realized that drain is still way too loud. I did some reading and the drain noise is coming from the drain pipe under the tank because it is a straight drop from top to bottom.... The air is mixing with the water in the drain causing the gurgling sound.I am going to rig up a 90deg angle on the underside drain pipe and see if that takes care of the problem. By doing a 90deg angle underneath should let the water hit the 90 and flow on the underside and let the air escape on topside inside the drain. Hopefully that will fix the issue and give me a smooth flow of water with out the gurgling sound. I will post some before and after pics tonight when I finish

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back