OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is just about finished cycling right now. The raw shrimp completely desinigrated and I just put a few chromis in there last night to keep the bacteria going. I need to do a couple more water changes in the next couple of days and get the parameters in spec. Hopefully I should be able to transfer everything this weekend.

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just put the lights on this morning and realized what I thought was crud circulating in the tank that I was able to see with the ambient lighting actually turned out to be micro bubbles.... Not good..... The Deltec APF600 is putting out way to many micro bubbles and honest a little overkill for a 50 gallon tank. I decided to get a new skimmer. Since the system is already set up for a recirulating skimmer I went out and purchased a Reef Octopus 4 recirculating skimmer rated for 125 gallons. There were some mixed reviews but overall pretty good. Anyone have any feedback or personal experience with these skimmers??? Probably should have asked before I purchased but I am too impatient...LOL

Last edited:
OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how is it looking besides the bubbles

Looks good.... I just did a couple of water changes and got the alk cal and mag up to spec last night. I threw the dendro in there as a test to see it is ready stock. It opened right up so I am going to transfer everything over when I get home tonight.

socal619

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is just about finished cycling right now. The raw shrimp completely desinigrated and I just put a few chromis in there last night to keep the bacteria going. I need to do a couple more water changes in the next couple of days and get the parameters in spec. Hopefully I should be able to transfer everything this weekend.

So I just put the lights on this morning and realized what I thought was crud circulating in the tank that I was able to see with the ambient lighting actually turned out to be micro bubbles.... Not good..... The Deltec APF600 is putting out way to many micro bubbles and honest a little overkill for a 50 gallon tank. I decided to get a new skimmer. Since the system is already set up for a recirulating skimmer I went out and purchased a Reef Octopus 4 recirculating skimmer rated for 125 gallons. There were some mixed reviews but overall pretty good. Anyone have any feedback or personal experience with these skimmers??? Probably should have asked before I purchased but I am too impatient...LOL

woot woot gonna be awesome! shes coming together bro, slowly but surely.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They are a great skimmer in my opinion especially for the price. I run one on my frag system (about 40g total volume) and will be running the recirculating version on my new 57 rimless. Just be sure it's running in the correct depth of water. I believe it calls for 7"-8". Any deeper it will overflow. I like to be on the lower end of the recommended give you more room for adjustment

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys...Everything was officially transferred over last night.. I will get some pics when I actually place the corals where they need to be...lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking forward to pics!

socal619

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys...Everything was officially transferred over last night.. I will get some pics when I actually place the corals where they need to be...lol

hit me up when you want me to take some pics Kev, would love to see the new setup anyway once shes all settled in.

MacKrell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank was amazing before! Can't wait to see the new one a all setup now. Awesome!

OP
OP
duke4130

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is still recovering from a mishap I had in the other system so I didn't get any close ups for you guys.... I couldn't resist and ended up going back to LEDs (looks like I lost a $200 bet with the wife... Lol) .. I ended up going with the AI Hydra. I have been a radion guy since I have been back into reefing but decided to give the Hydra a try... The radion pro is just too much power for what I am growing and the radion g2 doesn't have all the color options I wanted.. The hydra has everything I was looking for... Sweet fixture I am liking it more than my radion as of right now
y2e4yna7.jpg

pasuzybe.jpg

Last edited:

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back