OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, could not for the life of me recreate the exact same scape that was on the floor. But I did the best I could.

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear. The Novus works great and even if you have deeper scratches and need to sand it the Novus will polish out the haze sanding leaves.

iReef86

Reefin' since 1998.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just spent the majority of my lunch reading your entire thread, the first 4 pages :) Tank looks great and the sump is awesome for sure! I don't typically like acrylic tanks for reefs, but that's my opinion. Keeping up with cleaning the panels is a pain in the behind, I know because I helped my friend slave over his 415g for months trying to get the used tank up to par. On another note, PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but I am a little disappointed on the stand. I think I would have put a little bit more effort into making that just a touch better before getting it all set up. I put a lot into mine and I wish I would have put just one more coat of paint before I installed it. Now the aquascape, huge fan of the arches and open space behind the rocks, that will definitely help keep any detritus from building up, and if it does, you will be able to see it. Curious to see what you think about the gyre!!!! :D

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, Beautiful tank!!! Can you open up that right rockwork a bit so you dont have detritus build up and the achilles can swim through it. My Achilles loves dashing through my rockwork, the more you can open it up the better because they are aggressive swimmers! CHEERS!

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, Beautiful tank!!! Can you open up that right rockwork a bit so you dont have detritus build up and the achilles can swim through it. My Achilles loves dashing through my rockwork, the more you can open it up the better because they are aggressive swimmers! CHEERS!
Thank you for the kind words! As far as the rockwork. Any fish can swim through it now? That one section I really want to leave alone as It provides alot of places for coral

Keepswiming

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the kind words! As far as the rockwork. Any fish can swim through it now? That one section I really want to leave alone as It provides alot of places for coral

I didn't mean to talk down on your scape, it looks great! I was just referring to the columns on the right look kind of tightly packed. My qt tank has a like structure and tends to accumulate detritus and food, with enough flow you shouldn't have this issue!

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i didn't take offense lol. Was just saying I wanted that column for coral. And as far as flow I have plenty. Maxspect Gyre + 2 - MP40WES

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen a lot of builds with lifereef skimmers. Let us know how you like your skimmer when it's up And running for a while. By the way your tank is coming along nicely
Yea I have as well. One big reason I went with it. Plus I haven't seen any bad reviews of them. And thanks for the kind words! Working on the stand tomorrow!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.2%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back