OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand is completely finished. I am ready for water now. I think it came out just freaking amazing. I'm so in love with it, could not be happier.

Final pics of stand and tank before water goes in.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got water! My zeovit stuff comes in tomorrow and I'll start that. For tonight I'm going ahead and running carbon and my skimmer for 24 hours.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well everything was custom on it and first time building something like this, so messed up a few cuts, all of it was oak. So a little over 500

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turned out nice. We learned a lot from our last stand. Gotta love those 45's when you make the wrong cut sometimes lol. The Oak will last for a long long time.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It turned out nice. We learned a lot from our last stand. Gotta love those 45's when you make the wrong cut sometimes lol. The Oak will last for a long long time.
Yea I learned a lot as well. Some things I would have done differently, but that's all apart of the experience. And yes those 45s. Hate those

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We did our stand out of birch this time. Last one was oak and I really like the oak facing boards but it's hard hard wood lol. Finishing guns and nails don't like solid oak. I bet I pulled 50 nails that hit a hard spot and shot out the erong way. But it's Solid. The birch is just easier to work with in that regard.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well figured out some bad news today. Today was first time I've had the tank fully up and running. I tracked it periodically throughout the day with my apex fusion on my phone. Zeovit requires lights on min 10 hours a day from day 1. So I had my MH's +T5's on all day. I kept track of the temp. Started out at 77 degrees this morning, by 8pm tonight it was and still is at 81.3 degrees. This was only running 10 hours, no top on the tank, fan running non stop on the lights. So with that big of a difference, and the house was 73-74 all day, I think I'm going to need a chiller. I can't mount a fan on top of the tank and still have a lid, so my only option would be to mount it at the sump and I don't think that will be enough. Its not even summer yet. Just a warmer winter day.

So on the lookout for a chiller now. Sigh...

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am most impressed with this for sure. I am new and one of the main fish I planned on having was an Achilles, but the more I read the more I am concerned, especially because I only have a 150.g, I wish you the best with this as I will be following for sure.

arnel0387

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet build so far! it seems like you have more room on each side.. you should have ordered an 8-foot tank hehe!

Is the outlet on the right GFCI?

arnel0387

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you thought about the Achilles's tankmates? Personally, I'd have a school of anthias, fairy and flasher wrasses, and no other tangs or other large fish!

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a 1/4hp Chiller from Epic Aquaria Today. I know next to nothing about this brand, but they said it worked good so giving it a shot.

Will get it hooked up soon!

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[video=youtube;F3GD-LUIVyk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3GD-LUIVyk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

What Rim on a Tank Suits You? (Choose All That Apply)

• Rimless

Votes: 51 48.6%
  • Full frame

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Euro Brace

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • All of the above

Votes: 19 18.1%
  • Other (Please explain)

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back