OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sick build? How was your experience with Advanced Acrylics? I am looking into buying a larger acrylic tank and they seem to do a good job.

How long was it from order to delivery?
John (owner) was amazing with me. All my items came out spectacular. Was 2 1/2 weeks from order to delivery. Great turnaround time as I had a 180g tank plus 70g sump plus 20g ato reservoir all built. I highly recommend him

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Mr. Marvin came over this morning and helped me cut some holes in my sheetrock and we routed the 2 hoses for the chiller and got it going!

I watched my temp off of Apex Fusion all day. It would swing between 77.8 and 78.3 about all day. My halides just went off for the first time when they were supposed to! Not when the tank got to hot (which has been everday). So the chiller is working well!

The temp controller on the chiller only goes by degree and not by .degrees so I can't adjust it anymore, so I think I'm going to have that swing in temp all the time, .5 degrees is alot better than 5 degree swing I was having.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried getting some pics of the fish tonight. They are stubborn. They are 24 hours into their API General Cure treatment. Doing well. Ate great tonight. Still have peace so far between the tangs!

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay just got a Sexy Corals box in. Had bought it actually on Veteran's Day back last year, I had changed tanks so I told him to just hold it for me until i was ready. I'm ready now. This is the first time I've bought a box (which you don't know whats inside). The box cost me $225 with Veteran's discount, was a $300 box. This is whats inside it. And what its worth.

I was shocked.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some crappier pics of coral, didn't take any time with these, just shot and go, so here they are. There are a few more I couldn't get shots of.

eagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great dwair. I like the qt tank. Getting mine cycling now too. If you do come across more CP please let me know and maybe I can buy some off ya. I'm still looking for some.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg, I'm so excited, just found this for sale. Ritteri Anemone, been wanting one for ages. This one is Super Healthy and over 5 years old in Captivity, so its perfect. Gets up to 18" Circumference. Picking it up on Thursday!

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now that I'm selling the Wyomings, I needed a new pair of Clowns to host this beautiful Anemone!

So this is whats coming to me next Thursday.

OP
OP
dwair

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a VERY long day of driving and meeting a nice guy. I got home and acclimated this Anemone. He is HUGE. Beautiful though. Lets hope he transitions well.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back