elegance help!! (please;))

smitten with ocean life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could someone give some tips on elegance corals? mine has been gorgeous for weeks! now all of a sudden it sucked in and is looking terrible. this was like overnight it seems like. something i can do for it?or is it a go
Resized_20240408_185843_1712627957879.jpeg
ner? :crying-face:

monfilsi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try giving it an iodine dip to treat any possible infections. I have done this on a number of coral that struggled and most have recovered over time.

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a look at this video. I've never had luck keeping elegance in the sand. Mine likes medium flow and light.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
the tissue is heavily retracted and appears some conditions are not met. These corals do NOT like high mag- 1330 is where mine is at. They also require a moderate light to support photosynthesis which they require which they do well under a PAR of about 80-120. Moderate water flow which should be moderate.
Elegance corals require moderate light to support photosynthesis which they require. You want to aim for a PAR of about 80-120. Moderate water flow , not too high or too is best. Too little flow and these corals will not make it. Too much flow - you risk tearing the polyps. You want the flow to bring food and tank nutrients to the polyps. Again, they are photosynthetic, which contains inner algae called zooxanthellae that live inside its tissue and provides nutrition as well as regular feedings of chopped krill, Mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, or small pieces of shrimp.
This is mine

600g progress d.jpg

and

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 58 73.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back