Everyone qualifies for this weeks drawing for the Great Forum Giveaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well lets see... There's the enjoyment of watching the fish and corals move in the current (I like to do this after a stressful day at work), there's watching corals grow from small frags into larger pieces and hopefully someday mother colonies, having our two Lysmata amboinensis crawl up my arm every time I put my hand in the tank, but most of all I enjoy the glowing ear to ear smile of children who see the tank for first time and hearing things like "wow, I want to be a scuba diver; look at the pretty tree's, etc." priceless.

spectra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well currently have no tank. But I loved to just sit and watch the fish and corals move in the current. I now just visit the local fish store and look at all the corals and fish I used to have. Someday will set up another tank and can not wait until that day comes.

Oceanslayer18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the fact that after all,the hard work I put into my tanks its always worth it and it brings me and my family closer especially me and my dad. Also after a long hard day when I come home and sit down at the tank all my worries go away and I can just sit there and look at it forever. No matter what ill always love reefing and the ocean, greatest hobby ive ever done hands down.

bella127

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part about reefing is teaching my daughter about this hobby as I learn myself . I am fortunate enough to be surrounded by many great enthusiasts in my neck of the woods to share and trade in this hobby. Reefing is the main reason I got into photography too!

Richardhmc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing

I have currently a 20 gallon tank filled with frags and a 3 fish. My favorite thing about the hobby is that for me, its something that's very calming and fun to look at. Being a college student, I'm always stressed and it just feels good to get home, sit in front of my tank, play music on my laptop and just watch everything in the tank. Even the corals, that don't move (like fish) are interesting to watch. Overall its a great stress reliever and its one of the reasons why I love to keep a reef tank. It gets me very calm and relaxed if ya know what I mean. Fixes up my mood too :smile:

Lowsingle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite aspect to reefing is coral diversity......I am continually humbled and amazed by the diversity of life in our oceans.

Darren

Robsreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of things I enjoy about reefing. From the initial setup and purchase/aqusition of equipment. The filling, cycling, anticipation of what critters will come out of the live rock. Adding fish corals etc. But I think the most joy I get from reefing is watching the amazement of someone looking at my slice of the ocean, seeing a home reef for the first time. It lets me know all the hard work is worth it.

MitchReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the waiting to see how a new frag will do in my system. I would not trade the feeling of seeing an ugly brown or green Acropora or Montipora color up and turn into a real treat. I will try about any SPS I'm offered and have an outstanding track record on them. I just really enjoy that!

Stingray

Nano Nutt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'de have to say my Favorite part of reefing is the joy of watching everything flourish. I've lost some amazing corals through it all, but took it all as a learning experience. There is such a great community on here to help with whatever goes wrong or if I just want to share my tank, with never a rude comment or reply back on this site. :bigsmile:

britestar101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is the underwater flower garden. It is so cool when something finally stabilizes and grows and multiplies. It is a great conversation starter, everyone is curious to learn more about it. The crazy people you meet. And finally the little critters that just appear in the tank.

plainrt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my favorite part about it is getting to view changes that take place over time in a reef.Nothing like watching a reef setup fill in and do its own thing

thanks much

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Initially the thing I liked best about keeping a reef tank was the sense of calm I receive from watching the fish, but with time my favorite part of the hobby has been the people I have met who are so willing to share information without expecting anything except responsible reefkeeping in return and the general sense of respect for these creatures.

minhvu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing is the relaxation of a reef tank. I know when things aren't going well, it can be a big pain in the u know what. But the majority of time its a very peaceful and calming experience

peanutsings

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The colors of the universe

My reef tanks are in the basement and seeing them astounds me every day. My eyes truly feast on the colors, not only with the daylights on, but when the actinic lights bring out the neons of many of the corals - :still_dreaming:it surprises me what will glow and what disappears. The motion of the water ripples the reflections of the blues twinkling over the fish and corals making a fairyland of beauty. I have had a permanent smile for years!!!

ackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of reefing is coming home from work, sitting in my chair and and watching my tank. Its a great way to relax after a long day.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got into the hobby about two years ago and just love watching the fish and watching my corals grow. Lost a few corals when I first started, big learnning curve, but now I have better results. Am already planning a big tank upgrade to a SPS coral tank. Have done my reading and hope I will have good results with the new tank. The only down side for me has been that I got into the hobby late in life and that we built the new house before I got intyo the hobby, would love to have added a fish room in the new house.

Mr E Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is that it puts me back in my favorite place, under the sea scuba diving.

vincent201089

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is meeting new friends. Those guys were nice and be ready to help each other. I'm proud that I know them.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is getting new fish and corals and watching them all grow!

marcof

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love to watch my pair of Onyx clowns interact with their nem and spawn every 2 weeks. The tiny eyes in the egg sacks are so cool to see....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back