Everyone qualifies for this weeks drawing for the Great Forum Giveaway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogum99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I enjoy about reefing is watching the fish swim around and watching life in my tank unfold and grow.

sunshinereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Keeping - It relaxes me after a busy day..sometimes I end up working on my tank for another 2 hours after a busy tiring day and I don't mind it. Love to take care of the fish and corals just like kids - watch them grow. Also its a great hobby to make new friends from all walks of life.

dreaminmel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After much thought... I cannot pick a favorite part of it. I love it all from the growth of coral and fish to the peaceful aspect after a hard day to the comraderie among fellow hobbyists. Even the bad moments help make the good ones that much sweeter. Had many ups and downs and have met many wonderful people. It's all good. :)

msreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love everything about it. I start planning how and where everything is going to go. I then start the shopping process. I love having a excuse to make the rounds to the lfs. (who doesn't?) I buy piece by piece until I have all of the equipment I want. Now I am ready to install all the components. I love putting all this stuff together to make it work. Just think how excited I am and I don't have water in it yet.lol fill her up with water and let her cycle. Ok now were ready to start this long slow process of aquascaping and adding livestock. I could go on and on about how enjoyable, excited I am about every aspect of this hobby...

Reefaquarium19

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best part I absolutely love about this hobby is that you get to watch everything grow and expand! On top of that the relaxation after you get home from a long day of work and come home to exotic fish swimming gracefully around the tank. I would have never done such a great job with this hobby if it weren't for all the helpful people on this website. I also love the fact that I have an ocean in a box right in my living room! This whole hobby is just simply amazing and I hope that I can talk all my friends into sharing this wonderful experience with me!

Cricket605

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefing is watching everything grow.
Our "Dory" used to be the size of a half dollar, now she is about 6"!!
All of the corals have tripled in size also. Our tank has been up for
17 months now. I anxiously watch everyday for new things to just
appear!! We have things in our tank we have never seen before.

epic1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part about reefing is spending time with the family watching things grow and transform. It was just like yesterday when I had to talked my wife in buying my first tank. After it was setup, she and the kids was hooked. It reminded us of the trips to Hawaii and the Caribbean. The tank just puts everyone into a relaxing mode!

Last edited:

nixer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i must honestly say that the best thing i like is watching the entire mini ecosystem interact as a whole.
from the coral to the fish. everything together as a whole tanks the cake over any single thing. watching corals eat and reacting to many factors. nothing could replace or copy that anywhere but in the ocean.

ReefEscape

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best thing about Reefing is being able to teach my kids about the ocean and how everything works together in order to grow. It is something they will rarely get to see in their lifetime and they learn without realizing it.

stadler51

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like being able to sit in front of my tank and look then come back later and see something different.

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the thing i love the most about reefing would be walking into the LFS and telling my self i am not going to buy anything this time and then when i leave i come out with a new coral fish or something else. also i love the beauty of my tank and seeing others. i love the amazing differences between all the fish and corals

Tempset

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite part of it all is realizing that God created such a diverse universe and we are merely scratching the surface of what he's done for us.

Just the simple Mandarin goby & it's amazing colors are PROOF that our Lord has the ultimate drafting table.

SeeingGreen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about reefkeeping has been lowered blood pressure in school. I having something I could apply some of my engineering schoolwork toward working on (LED builds, stands, etc.) helped me work out a lot of the stress associated with school. Now that I am working, it is nice ti have something which I can come home to work on and read more about. It trumps TV by a long shot, plus my FOWLR has a certain puffer that may as well be a dog its so smart.

Thanks!

bruce 1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is so great about reefkeeping: Meeting new people and making new friends (like Revhtree just came from his house super nice guy), coming in from work all stressed out over a job that has went wrong, then just staring into my tank for 10 minuets lets me just forget about it all, and reefkeepeing helps keep me at home. (It gives me something to do)

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite thing about this hobby is the way it brings my family together. I love the way we can sit in front of the tank and talk without having a tv or radio or anything else on. This hobby makes for a great family night!!

cjtabares

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorit part of reef keeping is lmeeting new people and learning new things. I have meet a lot of people and made many friends through this amazing hobby. I also love that you can learn something new about reefkeeping or just reefs in general every day. I have learned through my experiences and from the experiences of the people I have meet fro
This hobby. I credit any succes I have to all of this.

dman17878

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The absolute best thing about reefing is the quick release of tension watching fish brings. After a long day just watching something as simple as fish swimming and interacting is just relaxing. I spend more time than I would like to admit looking at my tanks inhabitants . Each animal has a very unique personality and are just full of character. My main display is a 300 gal starfire tank thats on a 4' stand, so my favorite chair thats across the room has a unobstructed veiw and I can just sit and enjoy.

Badjuujuu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love reefing because I love the ocean but I do not live next to it. My tanks are my own personal part of the ocean that I get to observe and watch the corals, inverts and fish grow and interact together. When I have a bad day I can just zone out in front of my tanks and I forget about everything else!

bevoboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What I enjoy the most about my reef tank is watching the growth of the corals and the interaction between the fish and inverts.

1mbrews8

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love sitting and watching my 3 kids enjoy the tank! We have a 180g and even though there are just rocks in it now, they will sit there for an hour looking in all the cracks and crevises to find cool things! Helping with plumbing, lighting, or water changes, they are part of reefing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 91 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 94 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 20 9.8%
Back