OP
X-37B

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
definitely bring something for your car for wet boxes. one of my 5 leaked and the box was soaked but I had brought garbage bags and a tarp to protect car. had a 3' kiddie pool that I didn't think off at the time which would have been better.
Thanks but mine are being overnited to the door.
They will be wrapped in paper like the 90'. 150lbs so around 4-5 boxes.

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have to call the guy quite a few times about my order and harass him to get a shipping date - sounds like he is a one man operation and runs on island time. Rock was great and is still great though.

OP
OP
X-37B

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did have to call the guy quite a few times about my order and harass him to get a shipping date - sounds like he is a one man operation and runs on island time. Rock was great and is still great though.
@Gulf Live Rock
Yea I am not in any hurry but some update would be nice, maybe I need to call. Not much you can do if the ocean is not cooperating, lol.

Last edited:

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I am not in any hurry but some update would be nice, maybe I need to call. Not much you can do if the ocean is not cooperating, lol.
You‘ll wait forever unless you call. Blue skies and calm seas in Tampa. Own experience and others on r2r.

OP
OP
X-37B

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only reason I am not mad is because the rock turned out so well.
I left a mesaage so we will see. Im in no hurry so. It is just hard for me to understand why anyone cant respond to an email that uses said way to get business.
Whats it take 5 minutes?
All in all im sure the rock will be quality as I have heard no negatives on the product.
Still looking forward to getting it in my system. Im waiting to order the ext 50 as soon as the 150lbs has arrived.
Maybe next post will have pics of the rock, lol.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, good news! The rock should ship today or tomorrow per GLR.
Next post this system should be live.
I will take pics from the box to the tank so you can see what the 150lbs looks like shipped to my door.
Looking forward to seeing pics of all the critters you find. One of my brittles got pretty big.

OP
OP
X-37B

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of the ocean and into my system in 24 hrs. @Gulf Live Rock
Thank you 150lbs are in.
I did a double rinse of each piece, in 2 20g brutes, and removed some bubble, a few other types of algae, and some of the calcareous
There were a few gorgonians, one with bivalves attatched.
Alot of bivalves, and a few scallops.
Several orange tree sponge, one was big.
Did not see any crabs but im sure they are there.
Alot of different types of sponge.
All bivales are open.
Their are some hard corals too.
The rock covers the bottom just like I wanted. I will move them around in a few days after they settle.
I will let it run for a few weeks. I have the Ozone reactor running but no ozone for a day or 2.
Orp was 220 with salt, now 116 with the added rock.
The sea sweeps give alot of random flow and they are on the lowest setting.
Here are a few pics.
I will get a video, and some pics, when the system clears up.
20240416_130106.jpg
20240416_130101.jpg

20240416_125601.jpg
20240416_130055.jpg

Last edited:

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of the ocean and into my system in 24 hrs. @Gulf Live Rock
Thank you 150lbs are in.
I did a double rinse of each piece, in 2 20g brutes, and removed some bubble, a few other types of algae, and some of the calcareous
There were a few gorgonians, one with bivalves attatched.
Alot of bivalves, and a few scallops.
Several orange tree sponge, one was big.
Did not see any crabs but im sure they are there.
Alot of different types of sponge.
All bivales are open.
Their are some hard corals too.
The rock covers the bottom just like I wanted. I will move them around in a few days after they settle.
I will let it run for a few weeks. I have the Ozone reactor running but no ozone for a day or 2.
Orp was 220 with salt, now 116 with the added rock.
The sea sweeps give alot of random flow and they are on the lowest setting.
Here are a few pics.
I will get a video, and some pics, when the system clears up.
20240416_130106.jpg
20240416_130101.jpg

20240416_125601.jpg
20240416_130055.jpg
I had elevated ammonia for several days from die off then took care of itself. I picked off all
My snails to ensure I didn’t get bad ones. They were all pretty tiny. Glad you finally got it.

OP
OP
X-37B

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any clicking noise yet?
Nothing but is has not been 24hrs yet, lol. I saw only 2 small dead crabs and inspected the rock closely.
I got up early but saw no crabs.
I will keep an eye out for them.
In 2 weeks I will add 50 astrea snails and 4-5 emerald crabs and some hermits. Maybe a turbo or 2 also.
I want to add a six line in a few weeks then a Tomini tang, swallowtail angel, and around 6 damsels im a months timeframe.
Thats the plan for now.
I will get the geo 818 up and running without co2 in a few days. Then it will be ready when needed.

The lights come on at 11am and off at 8pm with a 1 hour ramp up/down. 7 hrs at peak.
I am running red 60% white 70% and the rest at 100%.
Once the tank clears I will adjust par levels to get 300 on the bottom. Its close to 400 rignt now.

Ozone is set at 3 to start running 24/7.

Last edited:

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing but is has not been 24hrs yet, lol. I saw only 2 small dead crabs and inspected the rock closely.
I got up early but saw no crabs.
I will keep an eye out for them.
In 2 weeks I will add 50 astrina snails and 4-5 emerald crabs and some hermits. Maybe a turbo or 2 also.
I want to add a six line in a few weeks then a Tomini tang, swallowtail angel, and around 6 damsels im a months timeframe.
Thats the plan for now.
I will get the geo 818 up and running without co2 in a few days. Then it will be ready when needed.

The lights come on at 11am and off at 8pm with a 1 hour ramp up/down. 7 hrs at peak.
I am running red 60% white 70% and the rest at 100%.
Once the tank clears I will adjust par levels to get 300 on the bottom. Its close to 400 rignt now.

Ozone is set at 3 to start running 24/7.
I’d buy a bunch of bumble bees too since it came from the ocean

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the rock finally. The sponges are just wow. Also such different aesthetics than mine with the bare bottom, I may have to try that one day. I have basically 3 inch of rubble and debris in all colors, looks messy as heck.
So are the bivalves dead? I lost all but 2, they open and close all day.

OP
OP
X-37B

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the rock finally. The sponges are just wow. Also such different aesthetics than mine with the bare bottom, I may have to try that one day. I have basically 3 inch of rubble and debris in all colors, looks messy as heck.
So are the bivalves dead? I lost all but 2, they open and close all day.
The one scallop that was in the pic is gone. It looked like something ate it as it was stripped clean.
All the other bivalves that I can see are alive. I will check them when the lights come on later.
The skimmer is removing so much junk that the ocean smell was reduced walking into the room this morning. When I opened the sump door the smell was back. The 9430 is doing its job. I have another cup assembly so I swapped it out. The skim was darker than my coffee, lol.
I set the ozone to 4 before I went to bed and increased it to 5 this morning. I will run it for a few days and see what the orp looks like. ORP was 100 before ozone and was 175 this morning. Fresh salt water was 220. Currently set to go off at 300 . The ozone will help clear the system combined with the skimmer.
Tanks still cloudy and will take a few days to clear up.
I noticed at least 4-5 different types of large sponge and they look good so far.
One large gorgonian has 2 bivalves attatched to it.
A couple hard corals and other types so I will monitor them for now.
I plan to let everythig just sit for 2-3 weeks then I will put the rocks into some form of low level scape.
I did add 5 turbo snails and they went to work cleaning the rock.
I will keep an eye on them.
I do not test ammonia or nitrites but will monitor nitrates.

I did add 2 2oz bottles of Turbo Start 900 after the rock was in. I have done this with other systems when setting up with live rock.
Is it needed, no, but it will help the ammonia spike early on, imo.
A pic of the Mutiny in action. A very simlpe system to run, imo.
20240418_073007.jpg

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did test for free ammonia with a seachem alert, actually still have it hanging. It was fun to watch the enormous spike which lasted only 4 days.
Any signs of mantis and gorilla crabs yet?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 90 75.6%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back