FED up with fed ex!

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add to the already depressing info in this thread, it looks like my fish has been delayed AGAIN! Seriously! Fed ex is a freaking joke. My package is in town but they still can't figure out how to get it to me lol. Freaking clowns!
Sorry, that's really annoying. I hope your fish is okay.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add to the already depressing info in this thread, it looks like my fish has been delayed AGAIN! Seriously! Fed ex is a freaking joke. My package is in town but they still can't figure out how to get it to me lol. Freaking clowns!
Sorry this is happening to you but personally, when it didn’t show up yesterday but said it was in the area I would have called and told them to hold it at the local FedEx depot and picked it up myself to avoid any more of these issues.

But in reality it has nothing to do with FedEx or ups being “better”, as there isn’t really a “better” one.
They both suck and are both good, depending on where you live.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The last leg of delivery seems to be where the bottlenecks occur. When this has happened, I messaged them on Facebook and they delivered to a FedEx Office location.

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last leg of delivery seems to be where the bottlenecks occur. When this has happened, I messaged them on Facebook and they delivered to a FedEx Office location.

Thank you for the suggestion to contact fed ex via fb messenger. I was able to get in touch with a customer service rep quickly and they were able to locate my fish and expedite it to me. I just got the box and the fish is still alive! Here's to hoping it adjusts well in its new home after nearly 48 hours in a bag.

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good, already feeding.
20240417_113120.jpg

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry you had such a bad experience with fedex, expecially when ya pay top dollar for the service and you do not get that service.
I can only go by my experience, never had an issue drip acclimating fish and never add them direct to display. I am sure some of it has to do with how much volume goes in when drip acclimating, some people used to use the shot glass method (pour in about a shot glass worth every X minutes) My shot glass well, yeah never went for that use.

sure those shippers have that right to say that drip acclimation does not work and voids their warranty. That is their experience based on what they lose in claims they pay out, bearing in mind there is likely no real causation between the two IME.
regardless, in my 40+ years of doing this, I have had next to zero losses with this method and I use it regardless if it is a shipped specimen or a locally sourced one. No one goes in main tank until I know they are good. just how I do it, others have their own way and do what brings you success and keeps you happy. No real "best" way other than what works for you.

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I'm with @Sump Crab on this one. Completely out of the contaminated water immediately is what I have always read and been told from vendors I have ordered from.
Nothing wrong with a long observation period, I've been known to do the same.
This is biota marines acclimation process for shipped fish. I'm confident if they can captive breed fish then they know how to acclimate but there are always going to be other procedures people will choose to follow.

LINK to procedure.

Summary
Screenshot_20240417-070334.png

EDIT
And a summary of quality marines recommendation for acclimating. They are a big wholesaler and I believe supply Petco online orders.
I'm not trying to be argumentative just want to give the fish the best chance of survival hoping it arrives alive.

Screenshot_20240417-071040~2.png
yep I get it but to nit pick what they say it is to not put the water in your aquarium, I don't advocate that either, clearly I say a different container/qt. Which, to me, is a completely different thing.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yep I get it but to nit pick what they say it is to not put the water in your aquarium, I don't advocate that either, clearly I say a different container/qt. Which, to me, is a completely different thing.
They say to get the fish out and into clean water asap. That's my take.

EDIT: just curious why you would even nit pick something like that? Not trying to fight just trying to learn a bit about folks.

NeedAReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say to get the fish out and into clean water asap. That's my take.

EDIT: just curious why you would even nit pick something like that? Not trying to fight just trying to learn a bit about folks.
listen no offense taken to me it is simple, they ship to thousands of places, lfs, hobbyists, the overwhelming majority does not qt or use a separate container, err go their data is unintentionally skewed. So, does their advice actually apply to someone who qts?
by their logic of remove the bad water right away then any water they have been in even the lfs water on the way home is bad do dump them all in right away is better? So I would ask if I put the fish into a qt even if i dump the bad water in and start adding to it with good water, am I not just basically diluting to the bad beyond recognition if i have a qt that is far larger than the cup of water they put in a bag? maybe I am not, again, do what works for you I do what I know works for me.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back