First "social media" account and post

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Beautiful aquarium :)

I think I understand your situation. My family doesn't share in many of my hobbies, so I hang out on a number of forums simply to share in the success and failures of my endeavors with people who understand them.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the German beer of social media websites. You are off to a great start!
Welcome to Reef2Reef.
Happy So Excited GIF by TikTok

Oh, you don’t have to be a drinker to be popular with us, I don’t drink much beer but I have sipped a few gallons of siphon water in my day. :cool:

OP
OP
pandn1021

pandn1021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when I was in the Army we always made someone who uttered the words “my first time” buy a case of beer for the rest of us.
welcome aboard. Oh, by the way

IMG_0783.jpeg
Guilty as charged hahaha. If that were the case Yuengling would not be a bad choice, spent Christmas in PA a couple years ago and that was the locals go to, I loved the stuff.

OP
OP
pandn1021

pandn1021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone whose replied to this thread!! Couldn't have hoped for a better response. I wouldn't mind posting pics of the progression and info on my tank is that better suited on an actual build thread? I have so much to share it's overwhelming to get started. From advice to give and advice to receive, to new additions to questions about equipment etc. Your guys welcome was a great thing to wake up to

OP
OP
pandn1021

pandn1021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Beautiful aquarium :)

I think I understand your situation. My family doesn't share in many of my hobbies, so I hang out on a number of forums simply to share in the success and failures of my endeavors with people who understand them.
I've spent many a day in a desk chair sat right in front of my tank scrolling the forums after seeing something odd a fish is doing or a change in a coral. But no matter I've never had a friend or family member or co worker or whomever want to know anything more about the tank than, can I see a picture or the in person WOW then never comment on it again after that. Really disheartening when you know how much goes into it. Especially when your successful in something you are trying maybe for the first time.

OP
OP
pandn1021

pandn1021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Keep us posted with lots of pics! :)
Just some pics I've taken. Everything off my phone just messing with settings, colors are 95% close to reality with very little difference. Hope you guys like them.

Attachments

• 20220813_151454.jpg
    20220813_151454.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230601_182604.jpg
    20230601_182604.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230617_141707.jpg
    20230617_141707.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 31

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone whose replied to this thread!! Couldn't have hoped for a better response. I wouldn't mind posting pics of the progression and info on my tank is that better suited on an actual build thread? I have so much to share it's overwhelming to get started. From advice to give and advice to receive, to new additions to questions about equipment etc. Your guys welcome was a great thing to wake up to
A build thread is the perfect place for that. If, after you start the thread, you then go to your "ACCOUNT' settings and scroll near the bottom you will see an entry text box for 'My Tank Thread' if you past the URL of your build thread there you will get a 'My Tank Thread' button under your avatar and handle. That way whenever you post to a thread someone can click that button to go directly to your build thread. Very convenient for you and for us.

OP
OP
pandn1021

pandn1021

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A build thread is the perfect place for that. If, after you start the thread, you then go to your "ACCOUNT' settings and scroll near the bottom you will see an entry text box for 'My Tank Thread' if you past the URL of your build thread there you will get a 'My Tank Thread' button under your avatar and handle. That way whenever you post to a thread someone can click that button to go directly to your build thread. Very convenient for you and for us.
Right on thank you that's very helpful I was a little confused on that process, Thanks!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 114 35.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.4%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back