Floating Coral in a Reef Tank (VIDEO)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

coralfish12g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AYO!

Seriously interested to know what you guys think of this tank? Personally, I think it's creative and awesome, however I have seen some people hate on it saying the aquascape is not for them :/

Thoughts?

(details on this tank are in the YouTube description, just click on the video link)

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely different!

Corals and clowns seem happy and healthy, if the reefkeeper is as well, then all is good. That empty sandbed does raise an eyebrow, though!

~Bruce

purplereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would defiantly look better with just one large SPS colony on the branch. It looks great now but when it grows out there will be a lot of dead coral.

jason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Seriously interested to know what you guys think of this tank? Personally, I think it's creative and awesome, however I have seen some people hate on it saying the aquascape is not for them :/"

I'm confused. Isn't this your tank since the usernames matches the username on the video? Just odd how the above questions were phrased. I think its nice and creative.

xjiang7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being an international student from China, I have to admit that Chinese reefers don’t value the lives and wellbeing of livestocks (nearly) as much as they should

Rip Van Winkle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The corals seem like they are thriving and there are many types in there. It's beautiful and healthy but it honestly wouldn't inspire me to copy the idea. So it's not for me.
I think it could be a good idea for a rockscape as part of a larger rockscape, if you see what I mean. Like if there were a larger central piece and that "floating" arm was branched from it.
I just got the feeling that something was "missing" when I first saw the tank. It's a good idea though, something we don't see much or at all.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Its our dear @pongpit . I think he can tell us the story in more detail.

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started watching and HATED it!
Then turned the volume off and LOVE it!

Words of advice, Metallica goes with everything!

Back